A few questions about the iPhone if any of you have time (plan and apps)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bbplayer5, Jun 14, 2010.

1. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

Switching back to AT&T from Verizon for the new iPhone. Mainly for the new cameras and screen, but also for the more polished apps. My droid has served me well, but its just dull in regards to apps.

That being said - whats a good site to see what is new on the app store and of high quality? I know Beejive was my favorite app for messaging, and Navigon for navigation, but what else is out there that is considered "must have"?

Also, does anyone know if you can apply an AT&T wireless employee discount if you buy the phone through Apple and have it delivered? My employer gets 15% on all of our plans, so it would be nice to have it applied.

Thanks!

2. iphone1027 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Go to iTunes to see all the apps.
    To apply your discount you go to AT&T's wireless page and somewhere there it asks you to input the company email to receive a discount. AT&T needs to verify this info. This is called a FAN account.

3. bmms8 macrumors 68020

try appshopper.com
    i agree on beejive and navigon, my two favorite non jb apps!

4. thornguy macrumors regular

iTunes app store lists all the apps, ratings, reviews, popularity, etc.
    also engadget, gizmodo, and 9to5mac have periodic app round ups

I think what your asking about is a FAN discount, but not sure if they are taken from Apple pre-order.

5. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I've searched "Best iphone Apps" myself a number of times in google but there are certainly too many results and too little relevant info.

Best to stick to the App forums here on macrumors (IMO) and peruse thru the threads.

6. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

I would agree that iTunes is a fair indicator of app worthiness

7. bbplayer5 thread starter macrumors 68030