A few questions about waiting in line at Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbsmith86, Sep 17, 2012.

1. jbsmith86 macrumors newbie

I am planning on waiting in line for the iPhone 5 (missed the preorder)

I want to get 2 of them one for me and one for my girlfriend who will be working that day. Are you limited to 1 phone per person?

Can you buy the iPhone 5 and activate later at home?

What's a good time to show up?

2. nostresshere macrumors 68030

So, you have two phone lines? Or are you buying at full price?

3. jbsmith86 thread starter macrumors newbie

would I have to buy at full price if I can't verify account info?

4. Want300 macrumors 65816

Want300

My similar experience:

I used my girlfriends upgrade to get the 4S shortly after the initial launch. She still had her phone at home while I was at the Apple store. After I paid for the phone, they gave it to me Activated with her number tied to the sim. I switched the sim into my iPhone 4, and put mine into the 4S.

During the time that I was driving to her house, I got all her calls and texts on my iPhone 4. She got a few of them on her old phone during that time. They did not let me activate it at home, but on launch day, I think they just give it to you and send you out the door to save time. (especially now that u can activate the phone without iTunes)

----------

Yes, i needed all of my GF's account info to buy the phone on her upgrade without her there. My friend works at my local Apple Store, and he knows my GF, so he knew what I was doing already.

5. leenak macrumors 68020

In other cases, stores typically limit to 1 per person so you might have to find someone to come with you if you want 2.

6. KPOM macrumors G5

Yes, if they let you buy it at full price. Last year they did, but people found out that it was a "back door" way to get an unlocked iPhone before they officially came out. If you are planning to pay full price, let us know if it goes through. A number of us on AT&T actually want to be able to go into stores at some point and get full-priced phones before the unlocked ones go on sale (like we did last year).

7. jbsmith86 thread starter macrumors newbie