A Few Questions about WiFi and Safari

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Burton8219, Nov 5, 2011.

1. Burton8219 macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

Just went back to iOS from a Nexus One after skipping the 4 to try out Android and have a couple questions. For Safari, is there a way to make it so that if you open Safari on a blank page the bookmark menu doesn't pop up automatically (other than leaving a tab open)? I like to close my tabs and start with a blank page, but this is quite annoying. Also, I live in a shared apartment building on campus at my school and when you try to go to a website on your laptop after connecting to the wifi a login page comes up. You type your username and password, restart the browser and boom you're in, but when trying to connect to the wifi, the login page keeps refreshing over and over so I can't type in my username and password. Any thoughts on fixes for this? Other than that (and even including that) I'm very happy to be back with iOS!

Thanks in advance

2. Burton8219 thread starter macrumors 6502

3. kage207 macrumors 6502a

First thing you said, no... sadly. I've been wanting this feature forever.
    Secondly, contact your IT department for your school as they most likely have a method for iOS devices on their network.

4. asen89 macrumors newbie

For the second problem you could press the x button(to stop loading).
    Did you try that? Do it right before the page completely loads, but be sure the form and login button has loaded.