A good reason to jailbreak iPhone 4s!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Woomy123, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Woomy123, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

Woomy123 macrumors regular

now that the those crazy awesome hackers have released an untethered jailbreak for the iPhone 4s, we finally have a way of saving our iPhone 4s battery a little bit with the useful free feature called "SBSettings" from BigBoss, with this you can disable your 3G data and using edge to save battery:) as apple didn't add it in with iOS 5. i am aware that they are adding it in iOS 5.1, but we might not see a jailbreak for that firmware so this will have to do till then :)

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

ok

People have been complaining of Battery Draining even on the iPhone 4 with iOS 5, and we have that 3G toggle option, so what do you suggest now as a good reason to jailbreak?

3. Woomy123 thread starter macrumors regular

i was suggesting for iPhone 4s owners as battery drain is much worse as we don't even get the option to turn off 3G!

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I'll just stick with my 4S as-is. I can't see going through the trouble of jailbreaking just for a toggle switch that will be in the next iOS release anyways. There's plenty of reasons for people to jailbreak if they so choose, but if this is your only reason it probably isn't worth the hassle.

5. Woomy123 thread starter macrumors regular

i have other reasons for jailbreaking my iPhone but this is just a good one as battery drain is an issue for me, and as for the "hassle" it takes 5 mins to jailbreak an iPhone

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

If you have other reasons, that's fine. The "hassle" isn't necessarily the jailbreakng process. It's everything that comes after. Your average iPhone user should NOT jailbreak...there's just too many things that can go wrong that they won't know how to fix.

If people have other reasons to jailbreak that's fine, but just to get a feature that will be available in the next release doesn't seem like a good enough reason. Just my 2¢, of course.

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would rather have the battery drain faster than deal with EDGE data. YMMV.

8. Photogdave macrumors regular

Photogdave

I say get your phone fixed. The iPhone 4s does not have battery problems....."your" iPhone 4s has battery problems.

Mine works AWESOME with no jailbreak and no special settings and tweaks

Attached Files:

9. wickerman1893 macrumors 6502

wickerman1893

I agree...it seems like usually iOS updates mainly consist of old JB features that they just make work more fluently.