A Higher Loyalty

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by raqball, Jun 14, 2018.

1. raqball macrumors 68000

I guess the book is now headed to the fiction section after skimming through the IG report...

[​IMG]

Truth? Very little
    Lies? In the book? Yep
    Leadership? LOLOL

2. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Read excerpts of the report. Didn’t seem like Comey had an easy way out. I never thought he was biased towards or against either candidate, but I was confused by his actions. If I were in his shoes during that time, I don’t know how I would have reacted

3. IWantItThatWay Suspended

I was always wondering why Obama was so confident Trump would lose:

You don't get that kind of confidence unless you know what's going on.

It's like insider trading. Obama knew Trump was going to lose (until he didn't). Now we know why he knew that.

4. samcraig macrumors P6

Or you know - Obama had an opinion like the majority of Americans who voted against Trump.

But sure - have a conspiracy theory....

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Put simply, Comey put the welfare of the FBI before his duty and before the welfare of the country. His actions with regard to Clinton were motivated by the a political fear of a backlash against the FBI from the GOP Congress. He should have stuck to policy and not released information about investigations that were incomplete. Of course if he had done that, as per standard practice, the GOP would be spouting conspiracy theories about the - wait for it - deep state. As it turned out, all of his manoeuvring was unnecessary. He deserved to be fired, but for the right reasons, not for Trump's attempt to obstruct investigations into the election.

6. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Imagine if Trump does this in 2024.

Who does Obama think he is to say someone won't be President? What did he know to be so confident?

7. samcraig macrumors P6

The same as the rest of us - that Trump is too incompetent to be President. So far he hasn't let the majority of those that voted against him down on that one.

8. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

he'll be able to trade the left over copies for shampoo and candy bars on the inside.

9. raqball thread starter macrumors 68000

Hey he sold a lot of books to liberals so I guess there is that... It seriously does now need to be moved to the fiction section though... The man is a disgrace to his oath!

10. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Why did Obama say Trump won't win the Presidency? Imagine if Trump did that.

11. GermanSuplex macrumors 6502a

GermanSuplex

James Comey responding;
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/opinion/comey-clinton-inspector-general.html

You're ignoring parts of the report you don't like to suggest there was some sort of bias or political motivation going on.

12. samcraig macrumors P6

Trump can't predict squat - so I imagine my reaction would be - Sure.. whatever.
    Again - Obama stated his opinion. You're the one trying to turn it into some conspiracy theory.

Which is funny. You are being so literal about Obama's words as if they mean something they dont - but when Trump talks, those that support him constantly have to tell people that's not what he meant.

13. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Trump will never get 1,237 delegates and he has no chance to win the Presidency right? The North Korean summit will never happen.

Your predictions about Trump are nearing 0%.

14. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

No one knew who would win the election until the votes were counted. That may be about the only really obvious thing one could glean from that evening in 2016. It's not the first time a close election required us to keep our shirts on and listen to the speculation on TV coverage of a Presidential election night, and probably won't be the last either.

As far as the DoJ report on the FBI, it's sufficient for me to know that they found fault with how certain individuals responded to situations that arose during the campaign, given their own guidelines as well as the "precedent" of past actions in somewhat similar situations., and that they do not ascribe that behavior to political pressure, rather to concern over whether and how the responses could be seen as politically motivated. I find all that a rather reassuring conclusion to their investigation, and don't intend to second-guess how they came to it. I'm not going there. I accept it.

I don't blame Comey for the choices he made. No easy choices were on the horizon there. He knew well enough the old adage that you can't please all of the people all of the time, and further that that was not his job anyway. That what he did was going to be seen as political by one or the other "side" in a hyper-partisan was essentially a given.

None of this means there aren't people still trying to make the FBI either a goat or a hero depending on their own political leanings and the particular narratives they are trying to promote. The only way for the FBI to deal with that is roughly how they are dealing with it: officially pretty much ignoring the spin and trying to do their jobs as defined by the DoJ and Constitution. I'm certainly not going to peg criticism at Comey for putting some spin on his part in any of this though. He's no longer in the department, he was completely right in his concerns about Turmp trying to nail down "personal loyalty", and it's interesting to see his and the official conclusions about the backstories on an unusual set of events in our 2016 Presidential campaigns.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

No they are not. But nice try. This isn't about my predictions. Your conspiracy theory is about Obama. Let's stay on topic, shall we?

16. IWantItThatWay Suspended

I literally showed 2 videos and you call it a "conspiracy theory" lmao.
    --- Post Merged, Jun 14, 2018 ---
    Did you not watch the videos I showed? Obama clearly knew. Then again Obama's arrogance knows no bounds. He is the most egotistical President in the history of the Republic.

17. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

You seem to be forgetting Trump's big, wandering hands.

18. samcraig macrumors P6

Ok - you're just trying to incite at this point. Have a nice evening.

19. LizKat macrumors 603

LizKat

The results of the election showed me and the planet that Trump won it. So whoever "knew" anything else was mistaken, wouldn't you agree? That included a lot of voters, and a lot of pollsters, and a lot of pundits, and the former president of the USA, why should he be left out LOL

You guys need to lighten up when your day doesn't go the way you figured it would.

20. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

He won with a little help from his (Russian) friends.

The NK summit was a photo op in which Trump failed to get any specific, substantial results.

21. IWantItThatWay Suspended

When he was winning the GOP primaries, he was accused of winning with a little help from his (Clinton) friends.

How many times can a group of people be wrong before they have an epiphany? If I were wrong as much as you, I would examine my life.

22. Mac'nCheese Suspended

Mac'nCheese

What? Because he was confident, he must have known something? Trump is the most confident person in the world, that doesn't mean he has insider information.
    And Obama is more egotistical then Trump, the smartest, best words, best memory in the history of the world guy?

23. IWantItThatWay Suspended

Why was a sitting President going on Jimmy Kimmel and saying a Presidential candidate was not going to win with 100% certainty?

Could you imagine if President Trump did that in 2024 on Hannity?
    --- Post Merged, Jun 14, 2018 ---
    Going on Jimmy Kimmel and literally saying Trump was going to lose (he did not mince words or even imply it - he straight up said it) is really suspicious is it not?

What did Obama know, and when did he know it?

24. mac_in_tosh macrumors 6502

mac_in_tosh

Agree. It's clear there are some people in this forum who are either completely delusional or are just getting their kicks by trolling nonsense in order to incite. it's a waste of time to respond to them.

25. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant