A Jew Walks in Paris...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Technarchy, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

What happens when a Jew walks around Paris for 10 hours. He gets verbally harassed, spat at, threatened and stalked?

Pretty disgusting. And many in Europe like to pretend it's some enlightened wonderland...hardly.

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

That's 10 hours of walking condensed into 3 minutes. What happened during the other 9 hours and 57 minutes? I'm guessing nothing worth putting in the video.

4. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 604

Technarchy

Well that makes it all okay then :roll eyes:

What is the appropriate level of abuse one should endure in a 10 hour period for it to be an issue in your opinion?

5. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

The rising anti-semitism in Western Europe is frightening. Thankfully, I haven't witnessed or read about this type of behaviour here in Scotland.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Europe is composed of many countries, all different.

7. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

What I see here is he put himself into Arabs areas to see what reaction he would get and I guess he got what he expected. How can you judge Europe or even Paris by going into slum neighborhoods with lots of Algerians.

8. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 604

Technarchy

That's right, it's the Jew's fault...

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Um, no, that's not what he's saying. He's saying a couple bad neighborhoods doesn't mean the entire country is hostile to Jews. I guarantee you there are some neighborhoods in the US where he'd hear the same crap. Hell, I'm Jewish and lived in rural Missouri for awhile and heard all sorts of racist and anti-Semitic crap from people.

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I think Meister just had a robot stroke.

Nevermind. He got better.

11. Meister Suspended

Meister

I might've failed to point out more that France is a ******** full of muslims and atheists.

12. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I was making fun of the fact that when I made that reply, your post was just a jumble of unreadable HTML hell text. :p

13. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

Just like the women claiming to be constantly cat called in NYC while walking for 10 hrs, I also take this video with a grain of salt. You can find unsavory people everywhere from all backgrounds. Now where's the FULL UNEDITED 10hr version?

14. juanm macrumors 65816

juanm

Not that I approve of discrimination, but in this particular case, yes. What reaction would a woman dressed in a burka get if she paraded in small towns in the Bible belt? Or what reaction would get a flamboyant gay in the ultra-orthodox suburbs of Jerusalem?
    He got what he was looking for: attention.

15. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Indeed. Any stand-offish person silently floating around the wrong area of any city in the world would get the same crap. Antisocial people are everywhere. They're just not representative of everywhere.

And it's a highly edited video. Titling the video "10 Hours of Walking...." implies he received this abuse for 10 hours straight. Does anyone really believe that?

So, just to recap:
    • Small, handpicked, deprived locale predisposed to hostility to any and all outsiders.
    • Video only shows one half of one percent of all video footage shot.

How can anyone draw an honest conclusion from that? Never mind extrapolate it to a country or continent.

16. Technarchy thread starter macrumors 604

Technarchy

Scotland overall is a pleasant place in my experience while living there.

The one off instance was when I was in Glasgow and Brazil devoured Scotland in the '98 World Cup France. Lots of douches on the street that night and I almost got into a fight a few times and had foul **** yelled at me most of the night.

It's Glasgow though, so what does one expect...

France was okay too, but then again, I am not a Jew...

17. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I'm a Jew and I felt fine in France. More comfortable than I ever felt in a town an hour and a half from where I currently live.

18. Happybunny macrumors 68000

One fact I really find interesting.

It was filmed by an Israeli blogger, to coincide with the call of Likud leader Netanyahu, for all jews to return to Israel.

19. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

So Netanyahu has apparently graduated from grossly exaggerating Iran's nuclear capability to manufacturing and distributing propaganda?

20. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

I just wish people were consistent. If there is outrage here, then that same person should also be outraged by the woman who walked through NYC, the guy who walked through NYC, the woman in a burka who walked through a city, and on and on and whatever else people tried to mimic in this concept.

If there's no outrage, if there's doubt on the edit, if it's thoughts of a social "entrapment," if it's "they should know better," or "what do you expect," or whatever reaction people have to these different videos...

...I just hope everyone is ****ing consistent.

21. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

Yeah, a jew walked through muslim neighborhoods for 10 hours and that was it? Frankly I am somewhat surprised. Now, have him do it with a hidden camera and no film crew and then you may have a story.

This is really a whole lot of nothing, aside from the spitting, which you cannot really see.:rolleyes:

Edit: On a side note, when I walk down the street I welcome any and all criticism. Please throw your ignorance my way so that I may engage your willful ignorance with my words and embarrass you in front of everyone. Please.

22. Zombie Acorn, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2015

Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I can see why many European countries are turning against immigration from Islamic countries.

23. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Sadly, the violent drunken jackasses are still a fixture in Glasgow's bar and game culture.

24. kds1 Suspended

kds1

This video, I don't buy it completely. I find it pretty cynical. These "10 hours walking" videos are a fad, started by that chick here in New York who found it offensive that men would say she was "fine" as she walked by or called her good looking. True, there were men who were obnoxious and followed her around, but not all them said things that were offensive. I thought that video was a bit B.S. too.