A key on my 13" MBP fell off and can't reattach

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by DudeMartin, Jul 20, 2013.

1. DudeMartin macrumors regular

Usually, on my keyboard when the little plastic covering on a keyboard key falls off (which rarely used to happen), I would simply take it and press it into the slot from which it fell out of. I would hear a click and it would stay properly attached again for a good long time. Recently, one of coverings fell off a key and I have been unsuccessful in reattaching it. I've tried pressing it it, but I would either not hear a click or I would hear a click and it would still fall off immediately.

Has anybody had anything like this happen before? If so, how did you fix it (if you did)?

Thanks.

2. iStiggy macrumors member

If it a couple keys Apple will replace them for about a dollar a piece. If it's under warranty then free. They may charge $39 since it's a hardware repair but I personally doubt it.

3. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

you could get cheaper keycaps else where but i guess it may be good to check with apples charges. If its almost the same then better choice.

4. xxnoelziexx macrumors member

Same thing happened on mine. Took it to the store, they popped out back and grab a new key out back very quick experience. They do not charge for keys in store.