A Light Skinned African-American With No Negro Dialect

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jan 9, 2010.

1. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Another relic we can do without in government. Negro? Seriously? I haven't heard that term since I'm a kid.

Fo shizzle

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

He did say that Michael Steele was in the Heezy, at that Press Club luncheon. :p

That's a shockingly odd choice of words as recently as the mid 2000's. I mean, if someone were apologizing for their comments in the 60's, that would be another thing.

However, in perspective, I am more frustrated with Reid for the cluster that the health care reform bill has turned into.

3. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

The Democrat Party has long-held racist bad actors; Harry Reid's comments point to something deeply held. Sadly, that is not to say the Republican Party is without its guilty parties as time to time they are revealed. But Democrat Harry Reid's comments, together with Democrat Robert Byrd's earlier klan involvement, reveal something in the Democrat party not conducive to equality.

4. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

It's Democratic Party. Get it right.

5. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Please spare me your tolerance. I'm eating and might choke.

6. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

Would "ebonic", "afro" or "Black" been better?

7. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

So does this mean the United Negro College Fund is going to have to change its name?

8. CaptMurdock macrumors 6502a

CaptMurdock

9. colourfastt macrumors 6502a

colourfastt

Black would be my preference since the MSM refers to Caucasoids as "white" while referring to Negroids as "African-American."

10. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Thank goodness it was Dingy Harry and not Rove or Palin. After all Obama is clean and well spoken.
    More of the Do what we say, not as we do.
    I am baffled why Harry apologized, I believe there is a Cop in Conn. that got a beer but no apology.
    But...do as we say, not as we do. Harry was probably drunk any way.
    I wonder what Imus will have to say?

Famous "African American" link.

Are there "African South Americans" or "African Europeans" or is it African or Europeanhow about "Caucasian Africans"?
    The whole thing has gone as loony as the left. None of this classification is meant to unify, it simply lifts and seperates.

11. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Curious whether Janeane Garofalo will be calling Harry Reid a straight up racist next weeK?

12. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

Obama is African-American. He is not 'mixed race' or 'multi-racial.'

13. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

In addition to "white", I think they should add the classifications of "very white" and "too white".

14. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Is she still alive?

Wonder what they will then say about the other comments..

I say we vote them all out, we need Hope and Change.

15. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

Janeane Garofalo's comments about Republicans were wrongly directed; she clearly needs to hurl the racist bomb at Harry Reid and Bill Clinton based on their comments. Don't hold your breath though... liberals are not capable of criticizing their own...

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Reid damn well should have apologized for this. What a stupid thing to say.

17. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

Well Obama still has not apologized for the Conn incident that he helped flame racist issues about. so why should reid bother, or clinton, or biden?

18. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh please. :rolleyes:

19. Ttownbeast macrumors 65816

Well Tiger Woods is black again too just like Wanda Sykes predicted years back... he was bi-racial until....hmmm well you know a half a billion dollars ago. He's black because from now on his ex old lady's gonna call him the baby daddy.

20. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Negro is a bad word now?

Is African-American the only politically correct thing to say? What if one isn't from Africa?

I mean, I know I am not called a German-American seeing how my ancestors are from Germany.....

Is it wrong to call someone "black"? I hear people say "white" all the time.

To always be politically correct is a job in itself ...

21. IntheNet macrumors regular

IntheNet

By Monday it will all be Bush's fault... evil Democrats take no ownership of their own failures!!

22. stubeeef macrumors 68030

stubeeef

My response to 99.9% of your recent posts as well.

anyway....from msnbc (more shxt nothing but crap - the all obama network)link
    Bold is mine.

Doesn't the buck stop with obama? why should others do differently than he when they are of the same ilk? Of course reid, clinton, and biden are not deities like the leader barry, why should they apologize when he will do anything to not apologize for his comments. Now he is quick to apologize to every nation about US arogance, just not his own. Hmmmmmm

23. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

What an idiot.
    He should have said he was a mulatto-looking house-colored with uppity speech. :rolleyes::eek:

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Let me know when you get over whatever your problem has been for the last several months and you feel like having grown up discussions again. Ya know- like you used to.

25. Rampant.A.I. macrumors 6502a

You are using made up BS terminology from an outdated, disproven theory about human ancestry.

All humans share a common ancestor. The theory those terms are from describes a unique ancestor for each "race" group. The "theory" is little more than a weak attempt at justifying racism.