A little help.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MuGeN PoWeR, Jun 26, 2012.

1. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

i have an iPhone 4s. was sitting with some friends. a friend had water bottle in his hand. it slipped and some of the water fall down on the table where the my iPhone was placed. the water was very less that fall down. but it fall down on power button and the area next to it. i grabbed my iPhone and went home. on my wat i noticed that is is showing Headphones ringer. i got worried. got home plugged in headfones and took them out. it showed me headfones ringer. i restarted it. hard reset it but didnt work. then in the end i put some pressurized sir from my mouth in the headfones jack. and then it started showing the normal ringer. but then i noticed that the noise cancellation mic isnt working. if i keep the phone at some distance the audio recorded is very low. if i keep it near my mouth the audio is fine. can someone tell me what can be done with it? thanks

one more thing i would like to know is i bought it from United Kingdom i am going to USA next month. do you think i will be able to get the replacement phone for the problem defined above? thank you

2. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

iPhones do not have international warranty protection. So if your iPhone (that you purchased in UK) breaks and you go to USA, you'll have to send it to UK to get it fixed/replaced.

I'd recommend getting it repaired now than later.

3. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

aah thats not good!!

4. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

I'm sure if you go to an apple store they might be able to help you replace it for a couple hundred bucks instead of full price. Doesn't hurt to try. I've also read that if you leave it in some uncooked rice for a period of time with the power off it might get rid if the moisture. Again, it doesn't hurt to try.

5. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

yeah already tried but it was more of a juice! so i think it just gets sticky:/

6. JMG macrumors 6502a

JMG

I don't know if you want to risk it and it depends how far the juice got into the phone but you might try some electronics cleaner which dries easily. Of course no guarantees and do this at your own risk. I once de-gunked a car stereo after a coke exploded on it. Just make sure the iPhone is completely off and let it dry thoroughly. Once you apply the electronics cleaner, which comes in an aerosol can, hold it in such a way that the liquid can drip out, hopefully washing the gunk away with it. Be prepared to have a totally messed up iPhone after this, but if all else fails...

7. Twixt macrumors 6502

I thought all AAPL products enjoy an international warranty ?!

8. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

no no i am not taking any risk. i am going to send it to england and see what a genuis can do about it.

----------

yeah sadly i thought the same as well!

9. MuGeN PoWeR thread starter macrumors 68010

MuGeN PoWeR

i just noticed that the noise cancellation mic is working but the voice is slow. do you think if i restore the device it will be fixeD? or its a hardware fault now!