A look at the war strategy

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by NT1440, Jul 21, 2010.

1. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Now, I REALLY don't want a culture war thing going on here so please, if you don't want to sit through a 10 minute video or read and digest the entire transcript, please don't participate.

This is a link to the full Rachel Maddow breakdown of the war strategy. I'd like to know what other people have to say about the conclusion she has come to.

To me it seems incredibly well thought out, based on evidence, and logical.

Anyone else have opinion? Ones based on the segment would be greatly desired. Lets try to keep this one clean and have an honest discussion here guys.:)

Edit: REally? damn that WAS stupid. http://oneutah.org/2010/07/17/rachel-maddows-july-15-commentary-on-afghanistan/

2. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

IT SUCKS YOUR STUPID!@ :p

(PS You forgot the link!)

3. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

It is "you're" or "you are"...

I'll be back in ten minutes!

4. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

Lol alright, I was literally in my bathroom typing this thread up with no glasses on, rushing to hop into the shower (I play my shower playlist on my macbook when I shower).

Very stupid oversight of mine.

5. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

Really?? I tried doing that but I could not hear the stupid tinny speakers of my macbook over the shower. Maybe I have a loud shower???

I am listening to the show right now, and its pretty good so far.

6. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

Showers quiet down a great deal when your body cuts out the sound of the water hitting the curtain and ground. Its also the best I've got.

And thank you for watching, I feel that this message is really important. Also, make sure you watch all the way through, because the overall larger point only makes sense in the continuum of the whole piece.

This video is NOT for a cherry picker, in case anyone was going to try.

7. MattSepeta macrumors 65816

MattSepeta

I watched it

It just finished, and I have no problem stating that I agree with her 100%. If I didn't know any better, I would have likened her a libertarian. (Save it with the libertarian bashing:rolleyes:)

Overall a good piece with good points, although she did not really bring anything new to the table.

8. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

I haven't really seen anyone else lay it out in such a strong yet easy to understand way. That's what I think is new, its the whole argument from beginning to end without just relying on talking points. I'm glad you watched and agree. :)

9. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

Oh God, how could I miss that?!

Attached Files:

10. NT1440 thread starter macrumors G4

NT1440

What a fitting avatar lol