A lot of bluetooth devices appearing in OS X

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Hi all

I have a lot of bluetooth devices appearing in the bluetooth menu. I don't know what these are, I tried connecting with them and looking through every possible device in the house which could be it, but nothing. There are only 4 devices in this house which have bluetooth functionality and two are clearly seen in this menu, the mouse and the Blackberry (link below). The others are an iPad and the tv, but they both have bluetooth disabled. I also live quite secluded so devices from neighbors is also not possible.

I don't know how long this has been going on, I believe it was already before Yosemite, but definitely not before Mountain Lion.

Here's an image:

http://i61.tinypic.com/29fuxdz.png

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
That's the problem, I can't delete them. If I hover over them it just says "connect" and in the bluetooth section of the system preferences these 'devices' do not show up, only in the bluetooth menu through the top bar.

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Ow, could it be it's my Playstation sending out different bluetooth signals for multiple controllers or something like that?

When I held option my PS controller appeared as well and made me think about it.

RestUnknown

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2011
Yeah I forgot about the Playstation. But I never paired it with my laptop. The only thing that I have ever paired is the mouse and the phone.

O well doesn't matter, I'll just delete the entries, thanks for your help.