Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

j2ee

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
What I mean by “perfect dude”?

Return the iphone to apple store again and again for unlimited “imperfect” reasons

Feel bad when the phone becomes imperfect like the skin peel off or drop the phone, or even the case is damaged.

Feel bad not using the latest iphone

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Unfortunately many seem to be looking for the "perfect" iPhone and do countless of returns and seek replacements and find tiny imperfections to worry about and exagerate.
I have better things to worry about than constantly playing that back and forth game. Its pointless, its a smartphone.
I just use it and enjoy it and I tend to upgrade hardware every few years anyway.
Life is short...

j2ee

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 21, 2015
Unfortunately many seem to be looking for the "perfect" iPhone and do countless of returns and seek replacements and find tiny imperfections to worry about and exagerate.
I have better things to worry about than constantly playing that back and forth game. Its pointless, its a smartphone.
I just use it and enjoy it and I tend to upgrade hardware every few years anyway.
Life is short...

Perfect dude thinks in perfect way

Reactions: Applejuiced

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I don't believe an iPhone should be returned multiple times for the smallest imperfection, but then again, it all the depends with the imperfection might be with the iPhone. If it's an actual defect, where it affects the performance of the iPhone, then yes a return could be made. I think it's important to remember when you mass produce millions of a product, imperfections will exist.

But if somebody is intentionally looking for dust/particles on every single iPhone embedded into the display, then I think it starts to turn a little ridiculous.

darksithpro

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2016
But if somebody is intentionally looking for dust/particles on every single iPhone embedded into the display, then I think it starts to turn a little ridiculous.

OMG this is the biggest problem with people. They get a new phone and they love it. Then someone posts a topic about a yellowish hue, or a dead pixel on the forums here. Then said user reads the thread and starts to closely examine their awesome phone and finds a slight flaw and goes crazy. Remember how people where returning their iPhone 6 phones just because it had the Samsung chip? No device made by man will ever be perfect. It's just not possible, because we're imperfect people.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
OMG this is the biggest problem with people. They get a new phone and they love it. Then someone posts a topic about a yellowish hue, or a dead pixel on the forums here. Then said user reads the thread and starts to closely examine their awesome phone and finds a slight flaw and goes crazy. Remember how people where returning their iPhone 6 phones just because it had the Samsung chip? No device made by man will ever be perfect. It's just not possible, because we're imperfect people.

Visiting forums discussing technology instigates individuals experiencing Apple hypochondria. Part of the problem is individuals come here reporting their problems and it seems like it's a bigger deal than really what it is, then you have those individuals examining their iPhones for the slightest imperfections. Think of the hundred millions of people that don't visit tech forums and will never notice a single issue with their iPhone.

Last edited:

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
I've had more iPhones / iPads and Macs than I care to count and only ever returned one (a 4S that was DOA).

Either I've been incredibly lucky or I'm not as picky as some people but I genuinely haven't seen or found a single issue on any of the other devices!

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
There's a difference between someone who is overly anal with the initial purchase quality and one who is overly anal with keeping the condition of the phone pristine.

With forking over almost $1,000, I expect the device to be as advertised. That being said, I don't look it over with a microscope.

However, after purchasing, whatever happens, happens. It's a tool I use daily. I do my best to take care of it, but tools show wear over time.
[doublepost=1492598809][/doublepost]
Now, who could that be? :D

That individual will always be with us in Spirit. :D

May he forever Rest In Peace in his eternal suspension.

_Refurbished_

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2007
I once had the store manager go through at least 3 iPhone 3GS boxes to get a good screen. After opening the three boxes, he gave up and said to wait for a new batch. All the screens were really faded and were from the same bad batch.

Looking back, I wasted so much time and energy on something I would have gotten used to. I've overcome my craziness and YOU can too. Join me at the next Apple Anonymous meeting....it could change your life.

Last edited:

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011

Return the iphone to apple store again and again for unlimited “imperfect” reasons

Feel bad when the phone becomes imperfect like the skin peel off or drop the phone, or even the case is damaged.

LOL!

You should have been around for the launch of the iPhone 5. Scuffgate was a major thing here, one person opened no less than six boxes inside the Apple store before the genius had to call a halt to it.

dangerfish

macrumors 6502a
Aug 28, 2007
I've purchased 2 new iPhones every year since launch. Never had a need to return one.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
I've purchased 2 new iPhones every year since launch. Never had a need to return one.
I've gone through three iPhone 5's for myself and two for my wife. Great phone, but I think the first year quality was lacking. Both of the last exchanges were for swollen batteries.

Absolutely zero issues with the iPhone 6s/6s+ and iPad Air 2's we own now though. Going on a full two years!

MistrSynistr

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2014
I have seen the most bizarre perfectionist people who are borderline psychotic. They literally post pictures of nothing visible and try to convince the forums something is wrong with their screens.

zone23

macrumors 68000
May 10, 2012
Must have lucked out because my original iPhone 7 Plus JB is perfect as far as I can tell.

Peter K.

macrumors 6502a
Nov 6, 2012
Philly / SoCal / Jersey Shore

I admit to certain "perfect dude" symptoms, but I have never felt the need to return any of my Apple devices for "imperfect" reasons. Either my "OCD-ness" isn't severe or my eyes aren't that good, or both.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
Must have lucked out because my original iPhone 7 Plus JB is perfect as far as I can tell.
No "lucking out." That's completely normal for tens of millions of devices.

This is an online forum where people come from Google when they have a problem, issue, or question. This means there will ALWAYS be an abnormally high ratio of folks who have phones with issues.

A very vocal minority all congregating.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.