Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mark Booth

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
There is an amazing number of people that placed their pre-orders by relying on an AT&T, Best Buy, or Radio Shack rep to simply take their information down on a piece of paper and input it later.

Likewise, there seems to be a high number of people that are uncertain if their pre-order reservations (for Apple Store pick up) actually went through.

I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of unhappy, disappointed people come June 24. I hope I am wrong and that everyone that wanted one (well, a black one anyway) gets to take possession of their iPhone 4 on June 24.

Mark

mpuck972

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2007
There is an amazing number of people that placed their pre-orders by relying on an AT&T, Best Buy, or Radio Shack rep to simply take their information down on a piece of paper and input it later.

Likewise, there seems to be a high number of people that are uncertain if their pre-order reservations (for Apple Store pick up) actually went through.

I'm afraid there are going to be a lot of unhappy, disappointed people come June 24. I hope I am wrong and that everyone that wanted one (well, a black one anyway) gets to take possession of their iPhone 4 on June 24.

Mark

Todays issues were just the tip of the iceberg, wait until they have to try to activate all these phones at the same time.

hcho3

macrumors 68030
May 13, 2010
We had this much trouble for reserving. Imagine when we try to port our numbers, add fan numbers, add and remove features and change rate plans.

I bet a lot of representatives will have issues on June 24th for following things.

1. Itunes will crahs. Really. It will
2. Your number will not port correctly.
3. Your plan will be screwed up or your feature will be doomed.
4. Adding a fan number? Please come back later like week later.
5. I have seen some reps drop your new shiny iphones while activating them. So, yea...

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Nonsense. Everyone who wants an iPhone on the 24th will get one. Maybe not at RS or BB, but Apple will have plenty. Lots of nervous nelly nubes here that's all.

mantan

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2009
DFW
I think I'll skip all that drama. I ordered my phone to be shipped to the local AT&T Store. But I'm out of town on the 24th. I'll pick it up on the 27th or 28th after the lines die down and iTunes is up and running again.

bigdaddyjo

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
In-Store reservations

I feel for all the folks who reserved in good faith -- in order to get proper pricing Apple's going to have to hit the same AT&T servers that were croaking all day today.

God forbid they make everyone register their phone in store, I remember the carnage of the 3G launch. I hope they can at least let people walk out of the store and take the phone home to register, but I'm thinking the reserve lines are going to take a very long time due to the need to confirm update eligibility with AT&T servers.

bigbrowntruck

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2009
I think I'll skip all that drama. I ordered my phone to be shipped to the local AT&T Store. But I'm out of town on the 24th. I'll pick it up on the 27th or 28th after the lines die down and iTunes is up and running again.

There will be a lot of unhappy people with iPhones on the 24th when they can't activate them. 1/2 will be mad they never got their phones and the other 1/2 will be mad they can't activate them. 27th or 28th might not be so bad then.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Fuster Cluck - premiers June 15.

Fuster Cluck II - premiers June 24.

Built

macrumors 68020
Oct 3, 2007
Los Angeles
There will be a lot of unhappy people with iPhones on the 24th when they can't activate them. 1/2 will be mad they never got their phones and the other 1/2 will be mad they can't activate them. 27th or 28th might not be so bad then.

This is the reason that I decided to go ahead with my Apple order. If it does ship in advance for a 24th delivery, I am going to wait on activation until the 26th or 27th.

I am going to cancel my BB order when the Apple.com order ships.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.