A MUM has been banned from having more kids, but she keeps on trying.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by joepunk, Jul 30, 2009.

1. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Brought to you from news.com.au

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

3. spaceboots06 macrumors 6502a

spaceboots06

+1

I'd donate some of my brain if it was at all possible. I'm too smart for my own good already so I can use some dumbing down. :p

4. kymac macrumors 6502a

kymac

drinking habits?

if shes pregnant every year, there isn't much of a window to prove you have a drinking problem without drinking while pregnant. these people sound a hot mess..

5. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

Smoking and drinking while pregnant, great job mom. I feel bad for kids of parents like these.

6. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

Title's misleading.

This woman hasn't been banned from having more kids. No western democracy will do that because the right to reproduce is considered a basic human right.

7. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

Seems like a good alternative to birth control...

8. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Time to move this woman to China. They'll sort it out.

9. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Can't afford counselling but they can afford children? Children which they are obviously unfit to keep. Nice. Yeah, I bet they don't want to air their issues to strangers, and they're doing a fab job of that, what with this being in the news and all. I'm sure this is much more productive. :rolleyes:

There are times when I wonder if it really should be.

Not everyone is cut out to be a parent.

10. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

11. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

The right to not reproduce is also a basic human right. Yet, people ignore that as well by forcing women to get illegal, unsafe abortions.

As far as Ms. Winters is concerned, she doesn't deserve another baby. She has refused to get free treatment. Her excuse for not doing so is pathetic and a sign that she doesn't want to fix her problems. Until she corrects her problems, she deserves to lose every single one of her kids.
    There are some people who shouldn't breed. :eek:

12. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I see they're from Luton. Luton Town were crowned League One champions in the 2004–05 season – maybe the excitement was just too much for this couple?

13. pelicanflip macrumors 6502a

Wow, 14 times? You'd think that after all the physical pain she goes through, she'd just give up by now or at least try to change her habits.

Thank god for child services.

14. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

The saviour for all those who are unable to have children of their own? A baby factory!

To be serious, it's messed up and sad.

15. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Well she's trying her damndest to be one… unfortunately for her she's stuck with one womb… ;)

16. instaxgirl macrumors 65816

instaxgirl

Just imagine if the adopted kids grow up and want to find out more about their past . . .

What a freak show element to add into the emotional confusion adoption can cause.

17. Heilage macrumors 68030

Heilage

I doubt there's any way to increase productivity in that area ;)

18. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

I guess she'll keep on trying...

...until her uterus falls out that is. :eek:

19. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

She can produce product (children) for all of those anti-abortion zealots to adopt.

20. Signal-11 macrumors 65816

Signal-11

I don't disagree, but these are the rules that we have constructed for ourselves that provide us with a largely free society that's ruled by law and not some other thing.

21. MacVixen macrumors 6502

What an incredibly sad story. Those poor children. I wonder if the mom drank and smoke through all of her pregnancies - one child with cerebal palsy, another died from brain disease. I wonder if any of the other children had health issues. And were they abusing their children? I assume that is what the "aggressive" comment was referring to.

I don't understand her saying "If we can't cope I will be the first to admit that and we will never try for children again." Errrm, she's had 14 children taken away from her - I think it's already been determined that she CAN'T do it. What in the world does she think will be different this time around? :confused:

22. djellison macrumors 68020

I just don't know what to think. It's like those educationally subnormal women lighting up, 9 months pregnant, smoking outside the front door of the maternity unit - I'm just utterly lost for words.

23. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

Physical pain? I should imagine that after 10 they just fall out. The 14th is probably braced against the sides of her womb in case she sneezes too vigorously!

Edit: Oh my god she lives about three miles away from me!

This story just reinforces my (some say controversial) plan of mass sterilization of council estates ;) Before anyone gets all upset about that remark i'm originally from a gnarly council estate and haven't looked back since I started running from it ten years ago.

24. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

Her body is probably going to crap out on her soon. Doctor told us that it wasn't a good idea to be pregnant with out at least a 4-6 month window. Your body gets done making a baby, starts to whined down and then it's got to start all over again. Woman is selfish if you ask me.