A New Line of iPhone's

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legendlcox, Jul 18, 2012.

1. legendlcox macrumors newbie

Since we have previously heard about there possibly being a 7 inch iPhone between the size of the iPhone and iPad. I believe that apple could definitely produce a line of iPhones. Starting off with the iPhone Basic which would be more like a "dumb" phone then they would have the iPhone, then the iPhone XL which would be the 7 inch version. This might be a good move for Apple in earning more money. People that do not have the money for the full blown iPhone might settle for a "Basic" version. But when I say basic it wouldn't be your cheap run of the mill Nokia. It would have features similar to an iPod nano except there would be a phone included into it. Maybe even Wifi for syncing and who knows what else they could incorporate, thats just an idea that I had and wanted to share.

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

Sounds like what they're already doing:

iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S

Each have different price points and different specs.

Doing what you say would only create unnecessary fragmentation. No one would buy a 7 inch iPhone.

3. AppleMaster9 macrumors regular

This is when I wish we still had a down vote button.

4. aDRock1154 macrumors 65816

aDRock1154

Sounds like a horrible idea to me. (Off Topic) Is the down vote coming back?

5. SR45 macrumors 65832

SR45

OP got it wrong. Not a 7 inch iPhone Apple may produce, but a 7.85 inch smaller iPad, and no manufacture in their right mind would build a 7 inch cell phone, so the OP was mistaken as to what Apple may release at the end of the year. Anyone want a 7 inch phone stuck to ones ear ? :eek:

6. legendlcox thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry Forgot it was an iPad. I thought it wouldn't be much of a good idea, thanks for your input.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

Can't imagine trying to stick a 7 inch iPhone in my pocket.

8. nyfliiboy macrumors regular

Cant believe that even for a second you believed there would ever be a 7 inch iphone

9. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

7 inches isn't that big. ;)

10. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

id buy an iPhone if it was 5".
    probably would prefer it.