A new Low From The Republicans

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by macfan881, Oct 20, 2008.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

well heres a new low from the Republicans Limbaugh on his radio program said his opinon on Powells endorsment on obama Saying the only reason He Suported Him is because he's Black so im gussing Limbaugh didnt pay anny attention to meet the press that day im so sick of the republicans now i really hope the Democrats win the senate and the white house this year ah great times i hope will be ahead

link to the article

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/10/limbaugh-implie.html

2. hotzenplotz macrumors regular

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Please! Let them talk! Let them say even more. I'm so glad this is happening. Finally the country gets to see these clowns for what they are, and always have been. It's about time, too.

4. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

Thread title misleading. This isn't a new low at all.

5. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

agreed.
    In the history of debating, this talking point has never won ever.
    They are shooting themselves in the foot

6. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I'm so sick of hearing that black people are only voting for Barack Obama because he's black. It's crazy.

It would be like saying Rush Limbaugh (and any other white person) is voting for McCain because he's white. It's simply not true in all cases. Rush is an idiot who loves appealing to the lowest common denominator. :rolleyes:

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Like it or not, agree with it or not, lots of core NeoCons are going to think that. They're not going to vote for Obama anyways -- it's the least of the things about Obama that are kryptonite to NeoCons.

This is perfect -- you know someone was going to say it. It might as well be someone with no credibility outside the haterdome. Rush Limbaugh is an excellent choice. Sean Hanity would probably have been the only better choice to beat him to it.

8. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

I'm quit sure the subject will pop up on FauxNews.

9. yoppie macrumors 6502a

It popped up on FoolsNews yesterday.

10. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I hope I remember to turn on Hannity tonight. I can't wait to see him spin it.

11. TSE macrumors 68030

Yes. Because a Republican radiohost counts for every Republican. Yes. Because all Republicans agree and back John McCain. Yes. Because all Republicans are idiots.

12. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

At least he has the guts to bring the subject up. It has to cross your mind, whether you believe so, or not.

13. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I sometimes listen to short bursts of him on the radio so I can maintain my rage against social injustices, but ... television? My god, man, I'm just not that strong. I don't think I could bear to watch that thing on TV.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Well then- is Limbaugh voting for McCain because he's white? It goes both ways...

15. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

He probably is.

16. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If he had any real "guts", that's what he'd really be talking about.

17. TSE macrumors 68030

Truth is, you cannot say the Republicans hit a new low. You cannot say the Democrats hit a new low ever. There are idiots supporting both parties, there are racists in both parties, whoever thinks that the Republicans hit a new low by Limbaugh needs to get their head checked (that's a nice way to say that ;)).

18. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That's not the truth. That's false equivalence. When a candidate accuses another candidate that they're 'palling around with terrorists' it's not only a dangerous and volatile distortion of the truth, it's demagoguery.

All across the country there are reports of violence, intimidation and death threats against Obama campaign workers, offices and volunteers. People have been hanging effigies of Obama from trees and here's a story from today:

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200881020067

Please find us anything comparable that Obama supporters have done.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Whoa. Now that's truly a new low. The racists are out in droves wishing for death. Unbelievable.

20. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

How do you get lower then Limbaugh? just look at his record on abusing drugs, or dodging vietnam or his spewing of hate. He represents the hypocrite and little else. A perfect fit for the republican party these days.

21. yoppie macrumors 6502a

One could possibly be on the forum. Did you not catch the HINT HINT yesterday?

22. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I did- but I'm not quite willing to make that call just yet. I think in that person's case, it's just being young.

23. TSE macrumors 68030

I'm sorry but why does a bunch of idiotic *******s in North Carolina label every Republican?

Yes, I disagree with how John McCain is saying Obama deals with terrorists, but like I said, not all Republicans support John McCain and quiet frankly even though I'm not a Republican most of the Republicans I know don't like McCain. In fact, when the rally went sour for McCain and people started shouting,"Kill Obama" and the like, McCain backed up Obama and said he is a great person, etc.

Obama's priest or whatever said a bunch of distasteful stuff, but you know what, some people have common sense and don't relate one idiot that supports Obama to everybody.

24. yoppie macrumors 6502a

I hope so. I'll agree to go with your thinking.

Just thought I'd throw that out there, a few might be roaming amongst us. You never really know these days.

25. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

In an election like this, your candidates have a responsibility to keep the dialogue reasonable. When they start accusing and directly implying their opponents of being 'unAmerican' for instance, that's dangerous.

There's a huge difference between the candidate saying something and an associate saying something. If the candidate implicitly gives permission for their supporters to see their opponent as a traitor, a terrorist, it inflames the idiots in the crowd. Do you not see the difference? You would never hear similar words from Obama or Biden.