A new poll shows that Hillary Clinton's approval rating is even worse than Trump's

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Jul 18, 2017.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/poll-shows-hillary-clintons-approval-154617464.html
    lmao, guess that is why Kamala is out & about

2. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

it looks like the Hillary Derangement Syndrome group therapy sessions seems to be failing jkcerda :p

3. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

4. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

we're just trying to be supportive in your efforts to get some benefit from the groups sessions :D

5. dogslobber macrumors 68030

dogslobber

What is the relevance of such a poll for the winner of the popular vote? By 4m votes if I recall correctly.

6. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

The difference in approval rating is well within the poll’s margin of error, so it’s misleading to just flat out say that Clinton’s is lower than Trump’s. The true number could be 42% for Clinton and 38% for Trump.

7. Huntn, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017

Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Lol, but he looks happy doesn't he? ;)
    [​IMG]

8. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

Why does the OP bring up Hillary Clinton more than anyone I have ever met in person, or read about on the internet? This is odd behavior.

I'm not surprised that Hillary is unpopular. She's never been popular in circles that I've frequented, but I accept that I'm disconnected from mainstream Americans.

9. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68040

Mac'nCheese

10. A.Goldberg macrumors 68020

A.Goldberg

My thoughts exactly. She isn't serving office... how meaningful is this information? I suspect not too much more than my own national approval rating.

11. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

That's exactly what I was going to post. LMAO!!!!

12. 0007776 Suspended

How is Clinton relevant? I know she won the popular vote, but due to the electoral college didn't become president. Unless I'm remembering wrong and she really is president...

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

You work for the DNC?:D

14. Populism, Jul 18, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2017

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Because she could have been in a coma and still won.

But liberals/democrats/progressives doubled down on ignoring the ACA rate hike, denouncing "cisgender privilege," and demonizing voters.

So, I'd say, it's kind of for simple sport that Hillary - the effortless heir to the throne - is still brought up as a reminder of what condescending elites are capable of screwing up when they phone it in.

15. ChrisWB macrumors 6502

I found this pretty funny, thank you. :D

16. mudslag macrumors regular

mudslag

Good thing she isn't POTUS, cause then it might matter.

17. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The 2016 elections involved anomalies we haven't experienced before. We had never before nominated a guy quite as crude and incompetent as Donald Trump, and we'd also never nominated a female with so much relevant experience but also so much personal and dynastic baggage. We'd never seen so many GOP candidates, nor so few Democrats, in the primaries. We'd never seen anything like what Bernie Sanders accomplished despite the lean against him by his own national committee.

Neither the Dems nor the GOP should project anything from 2016 It was a one-off.

2018 will be different. 2020 will be different. Both parties are fractured and if there's a message in that, it's that money can buy elections but it cannot buy the hearts of voters. The voters are tired of winning or losing elections but always watching biz as usual be run by lobbyists whose contributions buy the actual votes that make or break our legislation.

When you get populist unrest from the both ends of the US spectrum, it means K street should be loading whatever it wants to take with it onto some cargo planes and leaving town while the getting is good, because the oligarchs' party is almost over.

One can hope the K street exiles-to-be leave enough behind for us to start over together. We need to rebuild our political parties with somewhat more moderate platforms that have a chance of being negotiated into legislation (or, re-legislation) in a semblance of good faith.

18. HEK Suspended

HEK

Hillary got more Bills out than Trump in first six months.

Hillary got Bill outta the house 497 times in last six months, way more than the Donald.

19. unlinked macrumors 6502a

It also had fairly standard things like the party whose president was term limited not winning the next election.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

That's not that standard. Usually it goes in cycles.

21. samcraig macrumors P6

Well of course - her Presidency has been a big nothing burger. No results. No actions. She's a lame duck Presi..... oh wait.

22. Huntn macrumors P6

Huntn

Outstanding post. While both parties face problems, I'd describe them as radically different problems. The Dems have a better connection to their base, but have failed their populist roots and efforts, needing to get to work at the State legislature level. The Democratic Party lives to look out for the average citizen. When they forget that, or are ineffective, they lose.

The GOP has huge problems in comparison, one of cronic dishonesty, lieing made routine, using the end justifies the means, sell your soul strategy, using divide and conquer based on wedge issues and demonizing and employing character assination against every view that opposes them, including eating their own and driving out every moderate Republican office holder. The GOP lives to fool their base of average citizens, but it seems like their base is not buying their song and dance about the evils of health care for average people. The cracks are showing. Let's see how long before their trickle down, welfare for the wealthy and corporatists stance breaks them.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

The next election's "problems" for either party are always a moving target but more important for the incumbent majority to hit. At the moment that's a huge fail for the GOP because of the failure to pass either of their key -and linked-- legislative centerpieces, health care reform and tax cuts.

And there's no budget. And, there's a debt ceiling hike looming in the mists, probably September.

And populists on both sides don't want the war machine to eat any more of the social safety net. The GOP House just put up a budget that completely ignores those warnings, in fact their budget talks yet again about privatizing Medicare itself and turning it into vouchers for "buy whatever you like" lol maybe a shopping cart full of OTC remedies?

The Dems shouldn't kid themselves though about 2018 being any piece of cake. While the health care fiasco has brought out a lot of early Dem challengers to House seats (my district is purple and there are 8 Dems announced, with one of them self-funding and running even or ahead of first-termer GOP Rep. Faso in the piggy bank department per FEC filings), the Democratic party itself has a lot to sort out from the ill feelings generated within the DNC last year. They need to look to their grassroots and listen. So far from what I see, they are already talking from the top down instead. But, they're getting feedback... from people like me, poor things. And they have to listen since I have not trashed my Dem reggie yet. :D

Looks like the Democrats have plenty time to paw through feedback though, since right now it's the Republicans feeling the heat. The Dems in the House have already done a lot of homework re health care if the GOP decides to take a bipartisan route to addressing that issue, as Pelosi's letter to Ryan has made clear.

Meanwhile the health care issue won't go away. Hospitals know they can't live with a repeal-only situation because the emergency rooms will be flooded with people unable to get coverage. The first things to get cut when hospitals can't see the path to billpay are usually drug and alcohol addiction treatment and psychiatric services. Which in the current opioid epidemic especially, is not likely to be something the general public will look on favorably, and they will not hold the hospitals to account over it, it's the GOP they will blame. Further, as hospital services are cut, jobs are lost and the ripples threaten local economies.

It's sad to me that the country is at this juncture over health care. Clinton was never going to be about single payer, but we would not be where we are right now in this debacle of governmental irresponsibility if Hillary Clinton had been elevated to where Trump sits now just “waiting to sign something".

Clinton does know health care issues inside and out and would have been able to help Congress thread its way through them as it sought a path to fixing ACA. Trump harangues people to pass whatever the GOP has most recently put into play, even while knowing 85% of the general population plus caregivers, hospitals, insurers and even their lobbying groups have all thoroughly loathed the bills put up this year.

We have to deal with what's real. Trump's popularity ratings are real. His administrative dysfunction has been real since day one. The chaotic "policy" offerings he tweaks on a daily basis are real. Clinton's popularity ratings are not only irrelevant but are a reflection of the narrative the right played out on her all during her campaign, which,,,, hello? is in the rear view mirror since last November.

The right hammers on Clinton now because they can't take the heat Trump invites by his erratic performance in office. Deflection, don't leave home without it? It's certainly the President's favorite tool whenever bad news turns up for him; he gets out his phone and tweets up a storm about something else, usually the "Fake News" he doesn't like reading. Deflection has also become Senator Grassley's favorite tool in his management of the Senate investigation of the Trump crew's Russian connections.

None of that makes Trump's sinking popularity unreal. He needs to shape up his administration and stop thinking he can fix what's wrong with it by tweeting and holding rallies for his base now and then. As for Clinton's lack of popularity, it's a distraction Trump's supporters cannot afford to indulge time in celebrating. They need to put a floor under their guy and quit bragging on how he can beat Clinton. He already did. He just can't govern.

24. duffman9000 macrumors 68000

duffman9000

I'll bring support via a fire hose. You bring the talc. We'll clean him up real proper like!