A non-bi**y thread about the 7/7+ - happy people come on in!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ssledoux, Sep 16, 2016.

1. ssledoux macrumors 6502

ssledoux

I'm really pleased with my 7+ and I had a really positive experience ordering, picking up, doing the trade-in/Apple upgrade program, etc.

I think the home button is cool, and the pics I have taken so far have been great, even with the camera really zoomed (okay I've only taken a handful, but they look great). Plus it's just always awesome to get something new and perfect (even though I have two teeny bubbles in my ballistic glass I installed and that's gonna bother OCD me, so I'll order another one). ;-p

Anyway, I just thought it would be nice to have a place where those who are happy with their phones and experiences getting them could post; you know a positive thread. :)

2. Aibocyrus macrumors 6502a

Aibocyrus

I opted to cancel my 7 plus and pick up a 7. I just can't get over how big the plus is. Just couldn't pull the trigger this year. I did not have a good experience other than dealing with Verizon.
    I took a couple pics and think they are ok.

Not as good as the plus obviously, but I know I'll be happy I went smaller in the long run.

IMG_0602.JPG IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0607.JPG

3. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

I was gonna make almost the exact same thread.

#1. Everything went super smooth for my best friend at the Apple Store 128GB 7 Plus Jet Black Preorder no problems.
    #2. My Matte Black 7 Plus was delayed 1 week and I spoke politely with Store GM and was Gifted a $100 Apple Gift card.
    Here in Miami many tourists Pre-order. But their flight leaves or they don't time it right GM said I'll be bumped up to any of the Unclaimed 128 GB Matte Black 7 Pluses people have 24 hours to respond and pick up if they don't it goes to the next person.

This forum seems very fixated on Controverys i.e. Predicting what the next "Gate" will be or what what tragedy has befallen their display tint.

Glad to see a Positive thread.

4. Elyphant macrumors regular

Elyphant

I want a gift card lol! Did you order directly through apple?

5. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

:eek: Unacceptable. Take it off!

6. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

My 7+ is the best iPhone I've ever had. Love the home button. Love the 128 GBs. Love the camera. I've had a great experience.

7. noobinator macrumors 601

I love my iPhone 7 plus in black. Home button is great. No more crunch! The camera is awesome so far. This thing is so fast. I couldn't be happier. The black is really black and looks really slick.

8. TheRealAlex macrumors 65816

Sprint model through Apple

9. karmamule macrumors 6502

karmamule

Another happy 7+ owner here! Screen is beautiful, LOVE the camera and zoom, the haptic home button is very cool, and adding the nice new touches in iOS10 has me very pleased with how it all went.

I hope those having issues can get them resolved because it's a wonderful phone otherwise!

10. EJ8 macrumors 6502a

EJ8

The more I use it the more I love the Home button. It really is a ton easier to use. It's pathetic to say but the amount of pressure you had to use in the old button seems like a lot. Especially after having this new button.

11. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

i'm coming from a 6 and i thought about getting a 6s instead but overall, it's a solid phone and although it isn't a WOW upgrade from the 6s, it's still a well needed upgrade after 2 years.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 16, 2016 ---
    i also love the home button. it feels a lot more premium.

12. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

3 more hours in. Haven't put my phone down yet. The home button may be the best feature. What are people complaining about?!?!?! This is the future.

The haptic notifications are great too.

13. BD1 macrumors 6502

Seems like the sound output is louder which is nice

14. MacBreezy macrumors regular

MacBreezy

I was on the fence about which color to get and after seeing both the Jet black and the matte black in person I'm sooo glad I went with the matte black. Phone is super fast and love the look with no antenna lines. I also like the new home button. Happy Customer, Thanks Apple!

15. gmmoll9 macrumors newbie

I love the 7+. Way snappier than I expected, tbh.

The home button takes some getting used to, but I'm not sure what all the complaints are about. Other than it's the Internet and people complain too much.

16. CrackerJackToy macrumors 6502

CrackerJackToy

I love the new home button. The taptic feedback is great. Headphone jack? Whats that? I haven't used one of those in years because BLUETOOTH!!! And my bluetooth headphones sound superb to my ears.

Some people just want to live in the past. Not me. I embrace the changes!

17. ssledoux thread starter macrumors 6502

ssledoux

Oh I'm GONNA take it off! I just have to wait for its replacement to arrive. ;-p