A non serious thread for a change... who's MacBook gets to sleep on their bed?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by likemyorbs, Nov 29, 2008.

1. likemyorbs macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

mine does. seriously, my macbook sleeps right there at the end of my bed when i sleep. who else's macbook gets to sleep on their bed? i pretty much go to sleep every night using it and wake up every morning and use it...

Attached Files:

2. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

Nice to see a thread pop up thats not super serious :)

Is that thing going to be safe? Surely you'd kick it off and it would go flying...?

3. Aea macrumors 6502a

Aea

My MBP stays on my desk all the time, either that or in my bag. But my iPhone gets to sleep on the bed because I use it for an alarm clock. The sound will wake me up and any emails on my work account force me to get out of bed. :D

4. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

you'd figure right? i guess my feet just dont get to that part of the bed when i sleep, i mean its all the way in the corner

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I would be scared to that it could fall off and break on the floor :eek:

6. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

I sometimes fall asleep using my macbook, so it sleeps beside me on those nights. Never once rolled over on it! Thank god. haha. XD

Also, it helps that my bed is only 10 inches off the ground (from top of mattress to floor), so no major falls are possible. :)

7. likemyorbs thread starter macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

But it wouldn't, it all started when i just dozed off with it next to me a couple of times and then that fear went away lol. i think your sub-conscience knows when you have something important next to you even when youre sleeping so you dont hit it. people fall asleep with a baby on their chest all the time, thats how cute pictures are made. but those people dont roll over and crush their babies, cuz its like they still know the baby is there when theyre sleeping. same thing with the macbook on your bed, or your spouse...

8. MasterNile macrumors 65816

MasterNile

Mine does as well. I don't have a computer desk, I have a table set up next to my bed for my iMac cause I use it as a TV, and with my cable modem, wireless router, NAS, external HD, speakers and subwoofer, it leaves no room for my MacBook so it usually stays at the foot of my bed, I've got a wide bed though. My keyboard and wireless mighty mouse also stay on the bed. I don't usually have a problem with rolling over on any of them, but one time while I was working graveyard my wife had the iMac on windows XP and rolled over onto the mouse and managed to get some kind of virus or malware on it. How sad is that? Luckily it doesn't take long to restore XP since all I use it for is to play GuildWars, she used to use XP all the time (for surfing the web and GW as well) but since then is much more fond of OS X.

9. mannix87 macrumors 6502

I've done that a couple of times, w/ the screen open. ha ha. luckily, didnt roll over it on those occasions, nor did it fall off the bed. we have a hardwood floor in our bedroom so the MB could have easily been broken by a fall. :)

10. calviin macrumors regular

Although I do not have my macbook yet (it's coming. don't worry) I've cleared a space on my desk so I can set it up and use my screen from my desktop. And it's always going to be there when I'm at home and it's going to be on my desk at school. :D Can't wait til it gets here.

11. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

If I had a MacBook I would sleep with it right next to me on my bed.
    For now I just sleep with my iPod touch in my arms.

12. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I have a little cubby set up for my MacBook right next to my bed...a little makeshift stand (I'm using the MacBook box as a little platform for when I'm not using it lol) in between my bed and this bookcase, makes perfect room for my MacBook and the box. And when I go to bed I usually just slip my Macbook into its sleeve, set it on the box and go to bed, and in the morning, its right there waiting for me to use it.

13. mac jones macrumors 68040

Thats where it goes when you live in a closet

P.S. You said "don't be serious"

14. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

I would be scared that it would get filled with dust particles and hair and such... Not a pretty picture :D
    and YES i change my sheets VERY often so they are clean, but still.. I have it on a chair at the foot of the bed, or on the desk.
    I have a nice Belkin lap-stand so when I use my MB in bed ( a LOT) it doesn't get extra hot and it's also more comfortable to type on.

15. oban14 macrumors 6502a

Seriously, wouldn't you rather sleep with a woman? :confused:

16. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

im too scarerd to let my macbook sleep on my bed with me...i might roll over it or knock it off...so it get's it's own ottoman right by my bed :D

17. Beanlok macrumors regular

Beanlok

No girl will every let me be the "little spoon" but my macbook never says no! hahaha lol

18. tubbymac macrumors 65816

tubbymac

Maybe he sleeps with both in his bed and is just really good at not bouncing the Macbook off, know what I'm sayin?

19. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If I did that, the Mac would have flown off the bed and broken into a million pieces by now.

20. i0Nic macrumors 65816

Sometimes I use my macbook pro in bed at night and then fall asleep, obviously not having a chance to put it on my side dresser. When I wake up and realise it's in my bed I count my lucky stars that I didn't push it off the bed.

21. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

My MacBook goes on my nightstand at night. Directly in my bed is just a little too crazy. Waking up, and seeing it on the floor cracked or something would seriously put a damper on the day.

Though, as a child, I would sleep with whatever my favourite toy was at the time.

22. m3coolpix macrumors 6502a

m3coolpix

x2. I use my iPhone to listen to music and/or browse as I'm nodding off, and then it wakes me up in the morning, without having to wake everyone else up in the house.

23. drinkslurpee macrumors newbie

same ha

24. priller macrumors regular

I need a new macbook every day if I tried that.

25. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Yes I would, but seeing as I'm 15, the sexy MacBook is all I can get. :rolleyes::D:D:D Yea, I leave my MacBook on its belkin laptop cooling pad on my desk. It's ports are usually filled with external HDs, power adapter, external speakers, etc. I'm just too lazy to unplug and stash on my bed.