A pair of earbuds that sounds like the old iAudio5 Axes?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ilgaspa, Jan 17, 2012.

1. ilgaspa macrumors newbie

Well guys.. this is a pretty complest question wrapped into a seemingly simple "what's my hearbud" thread :p

Now.. here's the background: I'm looking for a pair of NOT in-ear earbuds with remote. I've used for years a pair of Cresyn AXE 559BS that where bundled with my old Cowon iAudio5. I always found the sound of that earbuds unbelievable, something that can only be rivaled by in-ear earbuds.. with the difference that these were normal, not in-ear, not insulating earbuds.

I know there are remotes that can be added to standard earbuds, but I'm looking for something integrated and placed at the right distance from your mouth for calls :)

So my question is.. anyone knows a Cresyn brand pair of earbuds with iphone 4 remote? Or a different brand that makes non in-ear good quality earbuds with remote?

PS I tried Sennheiser MM30i.. and these sound great.. but I can't stand in ear earbuds..

So can someone help me? The best would be someone who owned the iAudio 5 and knows the sound of the axes that where bundled with it ;)

2. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

I was searching for a good/cheap pair of non in-ear buds last week and finally caved and got the Scosche IDR655m, in-ear buds. Couldn't find a good variety of non in-ear. Not a huge fan of in-ear, but for $40, figured i'd give them a shot.

3. ilgaspa thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks :) But speaking of in ear earbuds, the market is full of good ones, even with remotes.

The problem is when looking for NON in ear earbuds with remote.. even if you find good ones, none has an iphone remote. And adding a remote to normal earbuds ends up having a 2 meters long cable hanging aroud you, with the remote at your waist level and another meter of cable hanging between your legs -.-'

I've been looking for something for at least two months, I'm getting crazy :)

4. ilgaspa thread starter macrumors newbie