A Perfect Replacement IP5 with SN# starts with DNPJ

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cuti, Nov 4, 2012.

1. cuti macrumors member

Everybody by now should know about the scuffs, ding, and scratches on both new IP5 Black and White.

This morning I went to local Apple store in Bay area and tried to replace for last time with this problem. Showed the previous note from other Geniius bar tech to (few scratches still existed after opened the 2nd little white box), the new technician this morning, he told me "After this replacement I am very sure you will not need to comeback here with this issue).

New replacement IP5 still came from a little white box, but YES it is perfect, the around chamfer, and the rear aluminum look shining, sparkle with have total 0 scuff, ding, scratch.

The serial # of this IP does not start with F1 or F2, but it starts with DNPJ.. I think the code used for refurbished IP5, but I dont really care.. I am happy with this new replacement.

Thank-you Apple for fixing this issue

2. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I got a DNPJ model on release, just a luck of the draw deal I'd think :\

3. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I also got a dnpj bought as new. Both ip5s have zero defects here too:)

4. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a

NOPE...lol...Dnpj here brand new and scuffed..lol...close thread

5. cuti thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the info.. so DNPJ is not serial of refurbhised code.. but how come the genius bar was so confident before he opened the box ?

Oh by the way, my unlocked by ebay was also carried to the new replacement..

6. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Not really sure why he was so confident... maybe he checked the phone within the box before taking it to you? I'm honestly not sure. Though in an off way... would kinda like to think my phone is now a super special phone :p j/k

Oh well, regardless, congrats on the phone replacement :)

7. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

F2 owner from day 1 at launch and mine was and is flawless in everyday.

Point being its just a matter of whatever Foxconn employee actually was able to get some sleep before they started assembling your particular phone..

8. noteple macrumors 65816

My launch day was DNPJ and its replacement is also DNPJ

9. cuti thread starter macrumors member

I know your feeling... I had to live with 3 different scuffs IP5, before I can own a perfect non scratch one. Yes, I feel "my phone is now a super special phone"...

10. iTalk macrumors member

I think the rep is full of it. I returned a scuffed DNPJ and bought a perfect F2 today - I checked the serial #s hoping you'd be right so folks could demand one with DNPJ but no dice, I guess

11. kalexn macrumors 6502

I got a DNPJ phone new as well. I don't know if the refurbs have specific numbers but that one definitely isn't a "for sure" refurb number :)

12. JrJ 15 macrumors member

DNPJ- chunk of dust under glass. Otherwise, flawless.