A Photoshop "Contest," if you will, to design the 2G nano...

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 2, 2005
1,005
0
Wheaton/Normal, IL
We've seen a pretty nice mock-up of a 6G iPod that somebody would like to see, so I wanted to extend an invitation to all you Photoshoppers to create a mock-up of the next nano. In some of the threads, people have mentioned they'd like a Front Row interface and I believe it's already known that we'll have some new colors, so don't submit a white or black mock-up. And I suppose the toughest challenge would be to try to show a different texture as the new nano has been rumored to have a material change to be more scratch-resistant (Magnesium chassis?). I'm not a Photoshop genius, so I wouldn't even know where to start, but I know there are some very talented artists on here, so I'd love to see what you can come up with. It might also be wise to include the text "Mock-up!" somewhere on the image so people don't have a freak out and post it all over the internet saying that it's a leaked photo.

Good luck.

Daniel.
 

ph0rce

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2005
303
0
ok, will see what i can do when i get home on tuesday... much prefer photoshop on my imac than on my ibook... god i want a universal photoshop soon though :( cya'll later.
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,415
124
Location Location Location
Just because you're smarter than me, doesn't mean you have to show off your smartness like that. ;)

Yeah, I see your point. Problem is that SKIP FORWARDS would then skip your track backwards, and vice versa. This would only be a problem for left handers, so.....meh, whatever. :p
 

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
Abstract said:
This would only be a problem for left handers, so.....meh, whatever. :p
Left handed people can't use a click wheel with their right hand? :confused:
 

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
457
0
Austin Texas
Here it is: the next Nano. Sporting a Ferrari Red color and a "Photoshop Blizzard" finish. Now, it has the same capabilities as the current Nano since it is too small to play video, though it does sport a 10 GB flash chip (or whatever you would call it)- So take it for a test drive.

http://www.emorydunn.com/Nano.psd
 

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 2, 2005
1,005
0
Wheaton/Normal, IL
Here's what I did. I guess I'll a little better with Fireworks than I thought. I didn't know how to change the background back to white though. Not too much of a change, more just little things. I changed the Front Row look a little bit, because I think it looks better like this, and I couldn't find an existing one that fit.

Daniel.
 

Attachments

Clydefrog

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2006
593
0
Pittsburgh,PA
BurtonCCC said:
Here's what I did. I guess I'll a little better with Fireworks than I thought. I didn't know how to change the background back to white though. Not too much of a change, more just little things. I changed the Front Row look a little bit, because I think it looks better like this, and I couldn't find an existing one that fit.

Daniel.

my eyes are melting..........:eek:
 

Aperture

macrumors 68000
Mar 19, 2006
1,877
0
PA
emorydunn said:
Here it is: the next Nano. Sporting a Ferrari Red color and a "Photoshop Blizzard" finish. Now, it has the same capabilities as the current Nano since it is too small to play video, though it does sport a 10 GB flash chip (or whatever you would call it)- So take it for a test drive.

http://www.emorydunn.com/Nano.psd
So basically, all that you did (visible) is you added some effects to the case of the current Nano + quick front row interface?
 

emorydunn

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2006
457
0
Austin Texas
schaef2493 said:
So basically, all that you did (visible) is you added some effects to the case of the current Nano + quick front row interface?
Well... Yeah- it was like a 15 min. job but I think the overall design of the Nano will not change all that much. The case is the most logical thing to change and I think that is all the 2g Nano will feature on the outside. (Think Mini, the only change from 1g to 2g was colored labels and more vibrant colors, no new interface.)
 

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
4,398
3
nbs2 said:
And how do you propose I hold it so that I can view the screen properly and use the click wheel?
With the screen on the left and click wheel on the right...
 

toezter

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2004
205
0
Madison, WI
Chaszmyr said:
1: Apple doesnt like moving parts because they break relatively easily
assuming a little too much are we now?

if that were to hold true, why would they make a click wheel from a touch sensitive ipod?

i can see someone getting upset from this post
 

Chaszmyr

macrumors 601
Aug 9, 2002
4,263
76
toezter said:
assuming a little too much are we now?

if that were to hold true, why would they make a click wheel from a touch sensitive ipod?

i can see someone getting upset from this post
They made the click wheel to save valuable space on the front of the device. Steve Jobs has said over and over again when announcing new product features that they did it to get rid of moving parts.