A plea for sensibility on JB bashing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JPizzzle, Sep 20, 2016.

1. JPizzzle macrumors 6502

Let me start by saying that everyone's entitled to do with their phones what ever makes them happy.

However, I truly don't get the concern over smudges on the JB model. I've owned an iPhone since v1, and besides maybe the first week during the "honeymoon phase" I couldn't care less about the back of the phone. Who are people trying to impress? The front smudges just as much as the back, and I don't see many people posting a ton about that.

Regarding scratches, I can understand comments about scratches decreasing resale and that's a sensible argument. However, there are many people in the Apple upgrade program or equivalent and are planning to trade in the phone next year. Assuming you have AppleCare, then who cares about the phone looking pristine at trade in? If your worried about breaking your phone due to clumsiness then a case arguement makes sense to me, as there is a fee for broken phone replacements.

I guess at the end, I don't see why people who are part of an upgrade program are worried about scratches and why some are more concerned about smudges on the back of the phone more than the front.

2. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I agree with the first line of your thread.

The rest is just continuing the JB rant contained in already too many posts in this forum.

3. JPizzzle thread starter macrumors 6502

Right, well that's my agenda then. Feel free to move on.

4. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

... and yet, you started another one yourself :)

5. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Will do, nothing to see here for sure!:p