Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 11, 2009
For all of those who have been put off, or at least, put into doubt about Apple Watch after the latest reviews, I just have one simple request of you:

Don't buy the watch.

Seriously, trust your instinct. Nobody's going to die if you wait. Apple isn't going to abandon a new product line in one year no matter how it sells. You don't owe anyone anything. You are 100% within the realm of good decision making, even if you have been cheerleading about it for months, to hold off spending a substantial amount of money on a new product.

If you have doubts about it. DO NOT BUY IT. It's okay.

Just means more options in stock for the rest of us. :D

But seriously, you can still be a huge Apple fan, even Apple Watch fan, if you decide to wait a bit.

Mythicstatus2

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2015
Toronto
I have never let others make decisions for me and i won't start today.

SS Milanese for me.

But seriously, do people actually take those reviews to heart? Wow!

zacheryjensen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 11, 2009
I have never let others make decisions for me and i won't start today.

SS Milanese for me.

But seriously, do people actually take those reviews to heart? Wow!

I dunno. It seems everyone on the board here thinks this board has even the slightest representation of the general buying public. As though ~1000 users with a specific, niche level of interest in Apple, most who do not post anything, could possibly represent millions who will be buying these things.

But that said, I'm sure there will be some people swayed one way or another by the reviews. Nothing has changed for me. But, my plea is more about... don't get buyers remorse then whine about the device and try to "blame" it to all your friends for your own dumb decision to buy too soon. I am prepared to recognize the limits and spend time to LEARN the device in and out to get the most out of it. But, I think these reviewers are all in the opposite camp (except the NYT, apparently) and are just reflecting the mindlessness that random jerks are going to have about the device in the early stages.

Anyway, I guess we'll see. I just hope I can get mine right at launch. I don't think the leaked stock indicators from Germany were meaningful, but, it does raise the idea that I might be waiting even longer and I'm super impatient. I have real world use cases and a desire to write some software for this thing and I am tired of waiting to experiment!

kybldmstr

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I think I am going to LOVE the watch. But since this is just the first generation I am only going to get the Sport and hold of on a more expensive model till later. And if for some reason I end up not liking the watch then I will just return it or sell it. Either way right now I am sticking to my guts and buying a watch to hopefully be one of the first to have it. Tomorrow can not come fast enough!

Multiverse223

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2015
For all of those who have been put off, or at least, put into doubt about Apple Watch after the latest reviews, I just have one simple request of you:

Don't buy the watch.

Seriously, trust your instinct. Nobody's going to die if you wait. Apple isn't going to abandon a new product line in one year no matter how it sells. You don't owe anyone anything. You are 100% within the realm of good decision making, even if you have been cheerleading about it for months, to hold off spending a substantial amount of money on a new product.

If you have doubts about it. DO NOT BUY IT. It's okay.

Just means more options in stock for the rest of us. :D

But seriously, you can still be a huge Apple fan, even Apple Watch fan, if you decide to wait a bit.

Wow. Seriously? You're trying to convince people to trust their instinct? This may be one of the saddest threads on here yet.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
If your unsure/doubtful/put off let us excited and truly Apple watch wanting people get in our orders first. You can pre-order at 4:00 AM EST or later.
Thank you for your cooperation
:D

MH01

Suspended
Feb 11, 2008
Translation: I want my watch asap, and I want less guys pre-ordering tomorrow :) did I get that right ? He he he

Listen everyone!!!!! forget the reviews, PRE-ORDER and decide for yourself, you can return it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.