A question about political blogs

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Kauai, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Kauai macrumors 6502a

And more specifically, conservative blogs.

Why is it that almost every conservative blog I've ever made a comment to, my comment always gets deleted or pre-moderated out? Even when it's perfectly respectful. I was searching google news and made a comment to an article here. I checked back a few minutes later and lo and behold, both of my comments had been denied. I wondered why until I noticed the website I was on, which I hadn't noticed at first. I probably wouldn't have even bothered commenting.

And the reason is because almost EVERY conservative site I've ever posted to has denied my comments, and I'm guessing others comments too. It's not like I go out looking to troll these blogs, just to be clear. Usually I'll post a comment before even taking notice of where I'm posting to.

And I'm just saying. As someone who frequents liberal blogs and websites, conservatives are completely free to post, debate and even argue about the article on those sites. Most of them don't even have pre-moderation.

Why is it that conservative websites and blogs almost always have censorship to any opposing point? Isn't that telling?

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

It's because they're typically filled with hypocrisy. They preach the Constitution and the Bill of Rights but are quick to deny rights to others who they don't agree with.

Did you really need to ask this question?

3. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

You clearly already know the answers to your own questions.:)

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

The avowed mission of so many conservatives nowadays is to replace facts and common sense with disinformation and conspiracy theories.

5. Kauai thread starter macrumors 6502a

/Shrug

Guess since I couldn't make the point on those blogs I wanted to discuss it somewhere and see what people thought. Sorry if you feel it not discussion-worthy.

6. samiwas macrumors 65816

Because anything that stops the echo must be removed. The echo must continue.

7. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Just be happy bullets can't travel through the internet.

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

But, but, but - and this is a key distinction - they may not wish to see what you think.

Instead, they prefer to hear themselves speak, and seek to refer only to themselves, because it serves to reinforce and confirm the utter rightness, absolute strength, and morally uplifting nature of their worldview.