A Question about the UK, iPhone 4s & New iPhone Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Holmes093, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Hi All,

Just a quick question.

When the iPhone 4s was launched and went up for pre-order, where you able to purchase a micro sim during the process?

I ask because I will be getting the new iPhone whenever it goes up for pre-order but with the whole new nano sim all but confirmed I was just wondering if this would be the same?

Holmes093

2. Catdogchicken macrumors regular

I purchased the 4S from the Apple App Store app, but buying it unlocked is nothing to do with the sim, Apple only sell the phone. Now if yuor talking buying it for a carrier ie 02, 3 etc you probably will be able to order a nano sim. Im hope to be able to chop my micro sim up some more.

3. Holmes093 thread starter macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Yeah I see what you are saying but, if you go to buy a 4s now from apple unlocked it gives you the option to add a micro sim, I just didn't know if it had been there from day 1.

I also have a microsim, but I don't see how it can be chopped any more, the pins are so close!

4. mikey4020 macrumors regular

I'd imagine that a nano sim (if indeed required by said new phone) could be picked up form whatever carrier you choose to go with in their own shop, if the option isn't available online. Chances are the phone will be harder to come by than the sims.

5. Azzin macrumors 68040

That's interesting to hear that you ordered via the iOS app, I hadn't thought about doing it that way.

I just envisaged myself sitting at my laptop, iMac and iPad with as many browsers and tabs open on the Apple store website as I could manage! :D

6. Furifo macrumors 6502

I don't mean to hi-jack your thread but I had a few questions about pre-orders within the UK and rather than starting a new thread and cluttering up the forum, I thought I'd just post them in here.

Just a few questions guys:
    - iPhone preorder in the UK = Click furiously through the Apple website as soon as pre-orders go live, order it -> Will Apple then deliver it to you or do you have to do pick it up in store?

- If I'm not home and I miss my delivery, what happens? I'm assuming the courier Apple uses leaves a note and tells you to pick it up at the local depot? Which courier do Apple tend to use in the UK?

7. Azzin macrumors 68040

I've never preordered, so I'm not 100%, but I think it's a courier delivery on release day.

Yes, a "Sorry we missed you" card, the next step options will vary by courier and I *think* it's UPS & City Link in the UK.

8. hw007 macrumors member

hw007

From what I remember when the iPhone 4 came out, you could pre-order it and then pick it up from an apple store if you wanted to.

Thats what I did, as I live close to an apple store.

HW

9. Azzin macrumors 68040

Now that you mention it, that's what I did for the i4 launch at Regent Street.

I still had to get there early (circa 6.30am as I recall) and it was a bit of a gang bang once we got in the store, but I was out (phone in hand) at about 9.30am.