A question for the owners of the new Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by obyvatel, Dec 22, 2016.

?

Have the graphics problems been solved?

1. I never had any problems since day once

15 vote(s)
    65.2%
  2. Yes, after the update

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  3. No, I had to return the macbook

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. I am still experiencing problems, but have not returned it yet

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  1. obyvatel macrumors newbie

I have been reading the forums for the last month and a half and have not reached a satisfactory conclusion.
    It seems that the last OS update has not fixed the gpu (and several other) issues that many people have been experiencing.

I need (but hesitate) to upgrade from my 15 inch macbook pro mid 2009. I am faced with the dilemma every single day, whether I should go for the 2016 model or with the previous model from mid 2015 (with radeon r9m370x). This whole graphics issue is very annoying as I am mainly interested in working with photoshop lightroom, premiere, after effects fcpx, resolve.

The thing I don't understand is what is the real situation vs the virtual situation. Most tech website review don't mention the bugs and the forums are a total mess. It seems difficult to find the truth.

So my question to the people who are sill experiencing problems is the following: since you are experiencing gpu issues and crashes and kernel panics and whatever, why are you still holding on this computer?
    And which model would you recommend to purchase?

thanks

2. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

3. neoelectronaut macrumors 68030

neoelectronaut

I've only had my 2016 model since Monday and I've only used it yesterday significantly but I haven't had any issues yet.

4. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

We got two and returned them both, but we never hit the graphics issues, we just hit other issues. I couldn't live with the keyboard, my spouse's machine stopped working on AC power.

5. spesifikbrush macrumors regular

spesifikbrush

I am using the base 13 model, and I love it! You ask about 15, but just wanted to say that my 13 inch rocks!

6. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan