Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

digital1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Wisconsin
OK... this time around i would like to see the webcast of the WWDC (if they are doing it) and the Macworld/Creative Pro in July. I have quicktime 6 running on windows xp(I know i know, the OS, but hey, its at work,cut me some slack) anywho, I get this 1160 or 1140 error and I cant see the webcasts, what does that mean? I cant view anything from apple's site. like webcasts,commercials, etc. Any suggestions? I would like to prepare a little bit here. thanks in advance for your your help. OH FYI, yes i am behind a firewall and proxy at work. Maybe this could be the issue (?)

bbarnhart

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2002
Are you behind a firewall? You might need to configure your HTTP Proxy in the QuickTime control panel.

digital1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Wisconsin
I am behind a firewall, i set up the firewall to work and on other sites it actually works, on apples sites and their webcasts it doesnt. Can someone give me a link to a webcast so I can copy and paste the error? I can't seem to find any old webcasts on apple's site.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
go to your system prefs and click on quicktime. click on connection then transport setup. click on use this protocol an port id. and then select http under port 80 and see how that works. oh by the way, wwdc isnt being broadcasted but macworld will probably be.

iJon

digital1

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2002
Wisconsin
Do you have a link or somthing I could test the settings with. Preferably an old macworld stream as that is what i was having the most trouble with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.