A questions for 15" owners who switched to a 13"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MoodyMedStudent, Feb 21, 2011.

1. MoodyMedStudent macrumors member

I was just wondering why you decided to switch to a small screen and if you ever miss the big screen...

2. Mik3F macrumors 6502

I switched from a 15.4" laptop to a 13" MBP

I was worried at first about the screen size difference but I can honestly say it doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Can't see me going back to a 15" or larger any time soon either

3. Sudaddy macrumors member

I don't have a MBP, but I am guessing the primary reason is portability.

Don't think cost would be a factor from switching 15'' to 13''.

4. mmduluth macrumors regular

I switched from a 15" PC to the 13" MBP and can't say I miss it a whole lot. It's a lot more comfortable to use and type on with it in my lap and I'm not some little guy either. The only time I wish the screen were a little bigger is maybe when I'm watching a movie but I've never been one to watch a movie on my computer. I've done it once and that was because my DVD player broke and I had to take the movie back to RedBox that night or they were going to charge me another dollar. :D:D

5. joe8232 macrumors regular

I switched from a 15" MBP to 13" unibody MBP in 2009 and don't regret it at all. The main reason was indeed portability - back then you didn't lose too much in spec (only a few 100mhz both core 2 duos). However I think for my next laptop I will go back up to 15" as I now own an air too and so my mbp never leaves the desk and has an external monitor attached so portability is not a number 1 concern! Would love an iMac but they need to go back to Nvidia cards for CUDA!

6. DarkVinda macrumors regular

DarkVinda

went from a late 2008 15" to a 2010 13" and dont regret it one bit...

but saying that i'm after a henge dock and monitor instead of trying to get a imac or pro :D

the portability and performance are spot on for my use...

7. hcho3 macrumors 68030

I am going back to 15 because stupid apple don't offer matte display option unless you get 15 inch or bigger. Hopefully, this update will change, but I doubt it.

8. idea_hamster macrumors 65816

idea_hamster

I went from a 15" TiBook to a 13" white MacBook because I needed an Intel chip and couldn't afford a MBP at the time.

I like my MacBook, but it will be an enormous relief to get back to a 15" screen when the new MBPs come out.

I feel like the MacBook is a tool that I have to work around, whereas the MBP is more likely to let me expand into it. JMHO. :)

9. nygfan80 macrumors regular

I had a 15 2010 MBP but returned it because it was just too big for me. It was fine sitting with it at a table or desk but I usually have my laptop resting on top of me. I know this is kind of different in this topic, but I plan on going with a 13" just because of that reason.

10. ApexBoost macrumors member

I came from a 15" PC to my 13" MBP and I couldn't be happier. The screen is a perfect size for me and your needs.

It comes down to what your preferences and uses are. If its going to be a desk queen then you might as well step up the size but the 13" takes the cake for mobility and is still not tiny by any means.

11. Macchino macrumors regular

i have a 2010 13" MBP and a 2010 15" hi-res MBP. I Never uses the 13" - Bought it fo portability, but after using the 15" i just cant get over how little screen there is on the 13"...

12. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

I could never go back to a 13" screen. I think 15" is perfect.