A quick noob question regarding pwned 2.0.1 to pwning 2.0.2

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by SmOcKxY, Sep 6, 2008.

1. SmOcKxY macrumors newbie

Hey guys...just a quick question regarding my pwned 2.0.1..if I want to upgrade to 2.0.2 firmware...what do I have to do? Do I have to restore it to original 2.0.2 on itunes first and then pwn it?

I used pwnage tool 2.0.2 to pwn my 2.0.1 iphone 3G...i've already downloaded pwnage tool 2.0.3.1 and also the 2.0.2 firmware...can i just build a custom software and then restore it into my pwned 2.0.1 iphone using itunes?

Just a quick confirmation will help guys...TIA!

2. calvy macrumors 65816

Just build you a new custom IPSW and restore. That's what I usually do.

3. Jayden0606 macrumors 6502

I'm trying to figure out what the real advantages are in upgrading to the 2.0.2 software. 2.0 seems to work fine. (2g iPhone)

4. tjobeid macrumors member

I have an unlocked 1.1.4 2g iphone , can someone teach me how to unlock it after i upgrade to 2.0.2?I want the latest software but i want it unlocked. :confused:

5. XiiAoMao macrumors newbie

XiiAoMao

Jailbreak iPhone 2.0.2

So far, i've come acrossed quite a few softwares to do so, however, the most efficient one would be WinPwnGui120. That would need a correct firmware to successfully jailbreak it. Im sure through Google, Yahoo or even youtube you can find the winpwn, and the link for the firmwares is http://www.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware

Hope this helps...:)

6. Joined:
    Aug 21, 2008
    I'm also very curious about an answer to the original question in this thread, especially as it will relate to upgrading to 2.1 if it's released today.

If I have a pwned 3G running 2.0.1 and I want to upgrade to the latest Apple firmware, is there a way to:

A) Upgrade straight to a jailbroken version of the firmware without losing any of my apps and configurations (both official and Cydia)? This of course assumes that I'd wait until 2.1 is pwned.

or

B) Upgrade to the official 2.1 without losing all of the settings on my phone (mail, bookmarks, etc.)? I had assumed this was an option and I'd only be losing my Cydia apps, but in reading another thread, I'm now worried it's not.

Could you please elaborate on this option?