Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I recently had a reconfiguring of OSX, everything is awesome, thanks to my cousin, anyway, on at least the safari browser, sometimes the browser window disappears to the top so the only thing I see is the bar on top, whatever my wallpaper happens to be at that moment, the icons I may have on the right side, and the icon dock on the bottom, can this be set to stop doing that. I am not sure where to look and I don't want to screw something up again.

Thanks!

Last edited:

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
sounds like expose may be set to show the desktop via a hot corner and you happen to be moving the pointer over said corner..

go System prefs-> Expose&Spaces -> Expose

and see if one of the active corners are set to Desktop

[that said, if this is the case, you might want to keep it set up like that for future use.. comes in super handy sometimes.. in fact, i have all 4 of my corners set up (all windows, desktop, dashboard, and display sleep).. i don't think i could work properly without at least 2 of those set up]

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
sounds like expose may be set to show the desktop via a hot corner and you happen to be moving the pointer over said corner..

go System prefs-> Expose&Spaces -> Expose

and see if one of the active corners are set to Desktop

[that said, if this is the case, you might want to keep it set up like that for future use.. comes in super handy sometimes.. in fact, i have all 4 of my corners set up (all windows, desktop, dashboard, and display sleep).. i don't think i could work properly without at least 2 of those set up]
I don't think so, it says "all windows".

I guess its something I am going to have to get used to. I don't mind it. I like to change things (I know how to) safely. So this will have to be it. Though, on an upside, I think my screen was callibrated because everything's brighter. :)

I will NOT be doing any cosmetic changes that I don't know how to do. :) Just saying.

flat five

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2007
newyorkcity
have you figure out a way to repeat the issue? as in, what do you do that triggers it? that would help in figuring out which setting is causing it.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
have you figure out a way to repeat the issue? as in, what do you do that triggers it? that would help in figuring out which setting is causing it.

I think I figured it out now, thank you for asking. It'll take some time to get used to OSX after the reformatting (reset).

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I think I figured it out now, thank you for asking. It'll take some time to get used to OSX after the reformatting (reset).

BTW. I am not going to change the settings as they are now. I like the multiple window thing. It's neat. :) Thank you all for helping me figure out what I did to do that. :) I know how to work the window thing now.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.