A satisfied customer thread for once...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by psynnott, Oct 1, 2013.

1. psynnott macrumors 6502

psynnott

Loooong time 3GS user, bought the 5s on launch night. Arrived on Monday and have been using it as much as I can (sneakily in work).

I was worried (I even made a thread) about the issues cropping up on the 5s. Such as the blue screens of death, gyro being off by a large amount, yellow screens, chips/scratches right out of the box etc.

However, I immediately checked all I could with the phone and it was flawless. Gyro is -1 off if anything but it's so unnoticeable. No scratches/chips. Screen is amazing. Camera is just great - unbelievable that something so small can deliver such amazing quality.

Look, I'm not a fanboi at all. But, I'm really fussy about my products and getting value for money. I spent time debating going to Android with much peer pressure at work. I had worries about iOS 7's new colour scheme (white screen etc), but it was all unfounded.

Really, this phone is ideal for me. It's fast. Very fast.

Absolutely love it. :)

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

glad you're happy. I too have been happy with my iPhone purchases since the original iPhone was released.

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

Glad you love your 5s.

It's a great phone. The speed of laptops from a few years ago, quality working biometrics far ahead of its time, one of the best in class cameras for a smartphone, great design, iOS, great battery life, apple customer service if anything goes wrong.

What's not to love? :)

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

I too am very happy. My iPhone 5s was flawless out of box, and seems to be working just fine. The improvements on the camera over the 5 are noticeable, and although I still have a dSLR for "big" events and outings that I've planned, the 5s camera replaces any need for a point and shoot. Not only do I not need to carry a P&S for the spur of the moment spontaneous shots, but I'm taking a LOT more spur of the moment, spontaneous shots than ever before. :)

I'm also like the fingerprint sensor. It definitely makes unlocking my phone faster, and I can put a more complex passcode on it.

5. psynnott thread starter macrumors 6502

psynnott

Agreed on both points. I also like photography and have 2 DSLRs (Nikon D80 + D40) and several lenses. My favourite is the prime 50mm f1.4. Oh the fun I've had with that! However, for ease and convenience of always having a good camera in your pocket, nothing beats the 5s. Plus it does HD video! My D80 doesn't even do video!

Fingerprint sensor is also great - tap button to wake phone and keep finger in place for the print read. Works flawlessly as expected. Quite amazing really. Haven't had a print read declined yet except for when I was using the wrong thumb on it :eek:

6. matttye macrumors 601

Haven't put mine down since I got it (other than to sync etc.)

It's early days but battery life seems incredible!

7. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

Also love it. Had the 3GS, 5, and now this. Lovee this a lot.

8. BrandonZ macrumors 6502

I'll join in. I had problems with the iPhone 5. Actually owned 4 with problems. Last one was perfect. For the 5S perfect on the first shot. I'm very happy about it.

9. saintsfan1970 macrumors member

saintsfan1970

I just want to thank you for this thread.

I like coming into the forums and reading the threads but I get really tired of all the negativity.

I will not be getting a 5s but it's good to see some satisfied customers!!! :) :apple:

10. Velin macrumors 65816

Velin