A short story: A day in the life of an Apple fan on pre-order day

vtboyarc

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 12, 2011
Omaha
I sit here at work, staring at my monitor. But my mind is not on work. The cursor blinks, back and forth, back and forth.
I take a sip of tea. Earl Grey, hot. One cube of sugar. Usually I can taste it, and it is something I enjoy.
But not today. Today, nothing matters. All the simple pleasantries are meaningless. Nothing matters but knowing what awaits me tonight. Pre-ordering the new iPhone.

My hands get sweaty as I type that, and I feel a shiver run down my spine. New iPhone. iPhone X. It is waiting for me. Tonight, the new lovely piece of Apple hardware shall be mine, secured for the journey to my front door. But for now, I must sit here and try to work. I continue the staring contest with my cursor. It blinks at me again. And again. And again.

I take another sip of the Earl Grey tea. Hot. One cube of sugar.

Edit: This is a short story, not a real life biography. Just having a bit of fun :)

Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I'm excited and nervous that I won't get my phone next Friday.

go ahead and make fun..... that's me and that's my personality!

KingslayerG5

Suspended
Oct 16, 2017
I'm excited and nervous that I won't get my phone next Friday.

go ahead and make fun..... that's me and that's my personality!
I'm subscribed to Imon Snow and Tyrone Magnus YouTube channels. Love Imon's reaction to Game of Thrones' "Spoils of War" or her love for Bronn, Tormund, and me. ;) All the ladies get scared in Burlington Bar and The Normies when Jaime Lannister looked ready to die. And Tyrone's reaction to The Last Jedi trailer was comedy gold.

I like that type of personality. Passionate. I don't find it weird at all. Keep doing what you enjoy doing. Life is short. Need to find ways to enjoy yourselves.

MC355

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
To OP,

"His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy
There's vomit on his sweater already, mom's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready"

Haha when I read your post almost thought you'd quote Eminem

Zigourney

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2017
United Kingdom
My eyes are hurting reading the macrumors at the moment, I should get some sleep I've got a pre order to deal with in less than 8 hours.

So much for going to bed early tonight :confused:

Jimpilot

macrumors 65816
Sep 11, 2014
No
My eyes are hurting reading the macrumors at the moment, I should get some sleep I've got a pre order to deal with in less than 8 hours.

So much for going to bed early tonight :confused:
yes but you don't have to get up in The "wee" hours like we do here in Texas

AJsAWiz

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2007
Ohio
I sit here at work, staring at my monitor. But my mind is not on work. The cursor blinks, back and forth, back and forth.
I take a sip of tea. Earl Grey, hot. One cube of sugar. Usually I can taste it, and it is something I enjoy.
But not today. Today, nothing matters. All the simple pleasantries are meaningless. Nothing matters but knowing what awaits me tonight. Pre-ordering the new iPhone.

My hands get sweaty as I type that, and I feel a shiver run down my spine. New iPhone. iPhone X. It is waiting for me. Tonight, the new lovely piece of Apple hardware shall be mine, secured for the journey to my front door. But for now, I must sit here and try to work. I continue the staring contest with my cursor. It blinks at me again. And again. And again.

I take another sip of the Earl Grey tea. Hot. One cube of sugar.

Edit: This is a short story, not a real life biography. Just having a bit of fun :)
That was a nice short story. :D

Thanks for using proper grammar and refraining from the use of "non standard" english.
That was a breath of fresh air and enjoyable as well.
[doublepost=1509063814][/doublepost]
That's what I figured, I'm glad someone else agrees!
Count me in!

Reactions: vtboyarc