A Solution To Those Who Tried Early AM And Are Still Waiting

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrrish, Jun 15, 2010.

1. mrrish macrumors regular

mrrish

For Apple Store Purchases:

For those of you who tried purchasing a pre-order this morning (around 3AM PST) AND are still not successful, please check your shopping cart! I found my iPhone sitting there from previously failed attempts (I initially tried at 2:40 AM without luck). At that point, All I had to do was add my black bumper and check out.

Mine is set to deliver June 24th, while my bumper will ship June 24th and arrive sometime the week after.

Edit: I realized how obnoxious my title is with CAPS on every first letter. Sorry :-/

2. ldkaplan macrumors regular

ldkaplan

I just ordered our second line from AT&T. It's slow, but it works.

3. crunchymilk55 macrumors member

Thanks bud!

I had been trying all morning, fell asleep for a few hours. I tried it now again and it still wouldn't work. Then I checked my shopping cart, there it was. Smooth sailing after that. Thank you!

4. lrodk macrumors newbie

Been trying to get the darn thing in my cart since 8:30am. Can't get past the
    "Are you a new or existing AT&T wireless customer?" page. Does it add to cart if you get past to the next page? I'm using the "Replace a phone on my account with a new iPhone" option. Not sure if the problem is region specific,I live in New Jersey.

5. sebs2 macrumors newbie

I was having the same problem, and finally got to the point where I could select my plan, and then after that step I got the same message, and there is nothing in my cart :( I'm still having no luck and I've been trying since 6:30 CT

6. Krayd2k macrumors member

I tried this also sure enough had one in my cart and checked out in 1 min

7. ItsThatKush macrumors regular

i keep getting "there are no items in your shopping cart"

what to do now? :confused::eek::confused:

8. mrrish thread starter macrumors regular

mrrish

The online system was more forgiving earlier in the morning (3 AM). Most orders were crashing at the "Add to Cart" page. As of current I don't think you can get that far, and I also hear that the AT&T servers are down. In other words, if you weren't trying at 3AM PST this probably will not apply to you.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

10. lrodk macrumors newbie

What's happening to me is when I hit the continue button on the "Are you a new or existing AT&T wireless customer?" page, nothing happens. iIsuppose that's why it doesn't add to cart. Those of you that found it in your cart later on, at what page where you the last time you had checked?

11. Krayd2k macrumors member

i was where it gave you the option to pick up or ship it,after i hit add to cart in the shipping thing it whent into an error i was doin this like at 2 in the morning

12. lrodk macrumors newbie

I see. Thanks. If I ever get to that point I'll check my cart. I'm wondering if Apple's outage is related to AT&T's crash.

13. lrodk macrumors newbie

I refreshed the page and now I get a spinning wheel with the background shaded-out. I'm preordering from a pc so it's not my computer doing that. Maybe they're trying to patch through a fix.

14. lrodk macrumors newbie

I was able to reserve using the Apple Store app on my iPhone. I'm confirmed for an in-store pickup on the 24th. What a relief. I had tried that app on and off all morning but it was down just like the website. Hopefully the website comes back soon for those not aware of the app option.