A storm is gathering...think of the children.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Eanair, May 21, 2009.

1. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Saw this the other day- thought I'd let somebody else post this stuff for a change. Yeah- that is one disgusting ad. Those people are amazing. What do you think that does to actual children of gay couples to see crap like that on TV? NOM obviously doesn't care.

2. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

Its a shame they didnt have a donation link. I would have donated!

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh- I'm sure you'll find a way. :rolleyes:

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Just give NOM a shovel and tell them to keep digging. This kind of patent nonsense only appeals to the weak-minded.

5. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

And certain forum members.

I agree with you though. I say let them keep going. We fire back with ridicule and facts. They already look stupid. Let's see just how stupid they can get.

6. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I find it's more subtle if you don't make it too explicit...

7. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

When have you ever known me to be subtle? ;)

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Here you go.

Won't bother me to see you throw your money away to a lost cause.

9. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Wait until they find out that adam and eve is fiction, then they'll be really confused. :eek:

10. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

This ad is f**king disgusting on so many levels. Keep spewing that hate and bigotry! :rolleyes:

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I need to create a web site called Bigotry R Us, and put a donation button on it. Fools and their money are easily separated, I believe the saying goes...

12. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Ah sure at least that rubbish is getting less and less potent the more it is used. That's their biggest weapon "think of the children".

13. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

It's really cheap and low, isn't it? Like I said before, what do you think kids of actual gay couples think when they see that? It's horrible.

14. floyde macrumors 6502a

floyde

Oh please God no! We'd be teaching our children tolerance...? :eek: That would be awful! :rolleyes:

It's amazing the lengths people will go to promote their incredibly misinformed preferences. This annoys me the most: "marriage is between a man and a woman". Why?? They can't even explain that, and yet they go out of their way to force this upon others.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

HelenLovejoy_t630.jpg

Some of the comments on that linked article in the OP....wow. Holy crap. How can some people be so bloody hateful and bigoted?

WTF is wrong with people? And I bet that sick bastard probably is a pedophile or something, it really wouldn't surprise me one bit.

16. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

Oh no, I'm not saying it's not horrible at all, it is. I was just thinking of voters that they're aiming at. These kind of ads shock are designed to shock at first but the more you see them the less they register.

Anyway, I think this is the best they can do. And let's face it, it's only a matter of time before these groups dwindle into obscurity. Hopefully.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Oh, I know. I just think it's disgusting that they would use kids like this.

18. PcBgone macrumors 6502

PcBgone

Amazing how you quote the Bible when its convenient for you, yet when it argues against such lifestyles your ready to throw it in the toilet.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Just go donate. What are you waiting for?

20. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I think the point was to demonstrate the irony in how the Holy Joes quote the Bible when it suits them and ignore pretty key parts. They're the ones who are claiming to be uber-pious, not the other side.

21. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Same to you.

This is just hilarious. Why is it an issue if some people have two dads? All this teaches little Billy is that he shouldn't be friends with Sally, because she doesn't have a mommy instead she has two devil worshiping daddies. Not to mention Sally is a girl -- only good for making pie and babies.

22. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

They'll corrupt him and make him pick the evil "lifestyle choice" of course. ;)

23. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

What quote is that? "A fool and his money are soon parted" is not Biblical. It is attributed to Thomas Tusser, a sixteenth century English farmer.