a thick band-like line of fuzzy lines has appeared on my screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by emmfernando, Jul 11, 2011.

1. emmfernando, Jul 11, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011

emmfernando macrumors newbie

..i don't really know much about laptops at all, so all i can tell you is that i have a mac and and it says MacBook on the bottom of the screen.

iv had this laptop for about 3 years and it hasn't really given me much trouble from what i can remember, but this morning i turned it on and it had this thick band of fuzzy lines going from the top to the bottom of the screen.
    i can't explain the lines, it's kind of like when you turn on your tv and its just on a channel that doesn't work and its all black and white.
    The band is about 1 or 2 inches thick and does not show up in screen shots so i can't show you that either.

anybody have any helpful information on what this could be, how much it may cost to fix, or if it can even be fixed..

[​IMG]

2. orfeas0 macrumors 6502a

Can you post a photo? It could help a lot.
    Other than that, the repair will probably be a new screen which will be around 300$ maybe 400$. You should call apple customer support, and before you do, check the serial number of your macbook because they may ask for it. You will find the serial number by removing your battery (if it can't be removed, it will probably be on the bottom of your laptop).