A Thing of Beauty: Space Black Link on SS (regular) AW

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by GrindedDown, Jul 16, 2015.

1. GrindedDown macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]

Fresh off of krypton and cut from the bat mobile, this thing is downright stunning.....

2. J.C macrumors 6502

How do I get that band for my Space Grey Sport!!!

3. EdisEdward macrumors 6502

Looks pretty ugly imo. Maybe black watch and regular SS link might look cool?

4. Binarymix macrumors 6502a

I love it! Too bad I have a SGS. I'd still love the black link, maybe a clone will come out eventually.

5. Jmona macrumors 6502a

Jmona

IMHO It looks fanfriggintastic! Don't let anyone else tell you differently. Haters gonna hate!

6. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Unfortunately they aren't sold direct. I bought this from a space black watch owner in the marketplace that just didn't want the band. Got a great deal too.

7. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah to each their own though. I personally find it gorgeous.

8. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

That actually looks great. I'd do the same match up if they sold them separate in the Space Black and if link bracelets weren't $450.

9. lirn8 macrumors 6502

lirn8

the band is amazing but the combination is ugly

10. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I fail to see why it is ugly. It is no different than putting a black sport band on a SS Watch. Kindof the same color combination..but with better materials. Don't forget that the Space Black Link bracelet looks darker in person.

11. GrindedDown, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2015

GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

I agree with this sentiment, but I am genuinely curious what people do not like about it. So guys, what about it do you find ugly?

Also yes about being darker in person. I took a pic in front of a lot of light to show the band which gives it is light shade in the pic. In most situations its jet black (much darker than black sports band) with a light sheen on a link or two. In fact, from a distance, it's hard to tell its even a link bracelet of it weren't for the metallic gleam.

12. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Maybe you should post more pics of it although you are not the first to post this combination. I've seen it on the main Show your watch thread. One of the forum members posted it and most people liked it.

13. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah I'll post some more pics in a bit to show other angles and how dark it can get. It's really something else!

14. soya macrumors 6502

soya

What I consider ugly is the combination of a SPORT Watch with a STEEL bracelet. Different materials don't look great together.

15. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ooo I haven't seen one of those just yet. I am definitely curious to see, but I can imagine it being a mismatch. That's why I traded in my sport for SS, goes better with way more.

16. soya macrumors 6502

soya

I've seen many Milanese Loop, HOCO bands with Sport Watch and it makes the watchface look inferior to the band itself.. The opposite combination might work though..

17. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

More pics and angles please! Need to see this in different lighting conditions.

18. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

At work right now, but I'll post a few when I get back home in a bit.

19. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I will tell you, this material and finishing is sorta fascinating to me. I haven't quite seen anything like it. At times it takes on this matte finish and has a deep black, but when light strikes it at certain angles, it gives off this gloss sheen that fades to black around it. It's remarkable and freaking gorgeous!

The "diamond-like coating" on this thing so far has been amazing as well. I have bumped into metal and had a few marks show up. It wasn't the band that was mark but the other metal that rubbed off. Taking a microfiber cloth and a bit of moisture buffs it right out so far. I'm curious how it will hold up over a few months.

Really a remarkable band, both in design and engineering. Absolutely zero regrets on buying it.

FWIW, it basically looks and reacts the same in daylight as in these pics.

20. scott99 macrumors 6502a

That really does look spectacular. I think it would look great on any model AW. Just amazing looking, and the quality looks incredible. Best apple watch band ever. Some day I would like to have one.

21. d3t, Jul 18, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2015

d3t macrumors newbie

d3t

Looks great !
    Agreed it is no diff than the ss model with black sport band combo , just better

Note to self: stop buying cheap watch bands

22. iBighouse macrumors 6502a

iBighouse

Really nice look. Wouldn't have thought the black band would look as good with the SS as it does. Thanks for posting it.

23. jmikhail490 macrumors regular

jmikhail490

Looks awesome man. I just got my regular SS link band for my 42 SS AW and I'm deeply in love with it. At first I found someone to buy the SB link band for 325$ which I thought was a steal and I backed out and got the regular SS link because I wanted something just a little more flashy and something that stands out more because I have the black LL which has the same overall design as the link band but in leather so I figured I'd want something else.

All in all-- it looks stunning. Congrats!! I'm loving mine

24. OneMike macrumors 601

OneMike

It's not really that haters hate. People just have opinions.

I don't like the look at all. If you do though, go for it.

25. GrindedDown thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah $325 is hard to pass up, I paid about the same and couldn't resist. I was actually waiting to buy the regular SS link, but told myself if I found one for $350 or less that I would buy on the spot. I also already have a stone leather loop, white sport band, and blue (fake) leather loop. I really wanted a black dressy band. I didn't even think about the space black link, but lo and behold, one popped up for $350 and so I bought it. I'm actually much happier with this than I think I would be with the reg link.

Glad you're liking yours so much, because I am absolutely loving this band all around. Very much worth the money.