A true ancient left winger telling how she really feels

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Mac N Tosh, Jun 5, 2010.

1. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I always hate that lady when they do press conferences.

More tolerant leftists doing what they do best! Being hateful, spiteful, small minded, ignorant, bigoted beings!

Tony Snow said it best when Helen Thomas was in a White House press room conference a while back, and when the old hag began yet another one of her braindead rants, Tony Snow said - Thank you for the Hezbollah view! And he was completely right too!

Tony Snow Making Helen Thomas Look Like A Fool
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICq2AuxYTTE

Helen Thomas has to be one of the ugliest female creatures on the face of the entire planet, both on the interior and especially on the exterior! Damn, is that woman ugly! I don't care how old she is!

I apologize in advance for posting this extremely, grotesque and disturbing image. Viewer discretion is advised.

[​IMG]

:D

3. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Anti-Semitism = Racism. Ancient age is no defense.

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

5. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Yeah I saw this. Very poor form.

However there are folks out there who feel the exact same way.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

So- are you guys saying that Jews should not live in Europe or abroad? :confused: Jews should feel at home everywhere. She's right.

7. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

I don't see anything bad about her statement... :confused:

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I don't either. Jews should be welcome in whatever country they came from.

9. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

What!!! Jews were killed in Poland, Germany, America, even in Israel.
    Obviously she's promoting another holocaust. Going from a->z is self explanatory ... :rolleyes:

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

The Right is really reaching with this one. I guess we shouldn't be surprised.

11. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Seems reasonable to me the Jews in large part left Israel hundreds of years ago, an unforgivable atrocity committed against them thousands of miles away does not grant them the deed to land now being used by others.

12. Mac N Tosh thread starter macrumors regular

Well, if we substitute the word gay for jew and Iran for Israel would you still feel its "really reaching". Cuz gays are always welcome in Iran, no wait there aren't any there....

or

How bout your family was just murdered for being gay after of course stripping the gold from their mouths and hair from their heads and anything of value in their pockets...Then lets say all of Chicago was on a murderous rampage of killing gays and their families..Because it was legal and all of Chicago joined in..Then all the surviving gays flee Chicago...Then Dick Cheney says.."They should all go back home now, all is forgiven". Would you still feel so cavalier about it...I hardly think so...

It is simply amazing how you can make political hay of such a despicable statement, regardless who had said it...Dont ever whine about being discriminated because your gay again...You have no credibility...

The Daily Kos, you know, that bastion of right-wing journalism:

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/6/4/872974/-Helen-Thomas:Jews-get-out-of-Palestine

13. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

Did you get hit on the head? She's saying Jews should get the hell out of Israel because they don't belong there.

Anyway, she recently apologized:

Please refer to the Balfour Declaration and the UN's partition plan.

14. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

That must be why she issued an apology.

15. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Everybody has a right to live anywhere, regardless of religious affiliation. What they do not have the right to do is to displace the existing population in favour of newcomers selected on the basis of religious affiliation.

16. Mac N Tosh thread starter macrumors regular

You mean like..

Jordon
    Syria
    Saudi Arabia
    Iran
    Poland
    Germany
    France
    Russia
    ENGLAND Edward I
    Israel expelling Jews from Gaza and West Bank...
    Iraq
    England (Oh yea, I mentioned that)

Lemme see how many Arab countries has expelled Palestinians:

Qatar
    Saudi Arabia
    Kuwait
    Jordon
    Egypt
    ENGLAND

17. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

The fact that there have been anti-Jewish movements in various countries at various times, and that not all Muslim-majority countries have sizeable historical Jewish communities has absolutely no bearing on my stated opinion. Why you think England needs bolding in your little list, I have no idea.

Your implication that I do not like Jews is offensive and verging on a personal attack.

So keen were you on your little abusive rant that you obviously failed to register that I disagreed with Helen Thomas' offensive remarks in the post you were responding to above yours.

Incidentally, I have been married to a Jewish woman for over thirty years.

18. kernkraft macrumors 68020

kernkraft

It's black and white if you haven't got anything to do with the matter.

Anti-semitism is the hate of jews as a separate group of people with very close links to their religion and race. There might be some overlap between the two in individual cases, but I wouldn't confuse the two. Probably that's why we have two separate terms for them. But what you say sounds a bit of old ageism...

I think where she's wrong is to forget that there is a legitimate country called 'Israel'. There is no need for Jews to return to Europe or the US. Obviously, she might not believe in Israel's legitimacy. This is where we disagree.

Where she's right is that Israeli settlers and the military should leave land that is legally Palestinian and they should stop making new settlements on other people's land. They should also stop interfering with international aid to Palestinians.

I don't know why she can be cast as anti-semitic, when she actually proposed that Jewish people can move back to where they or their closer ancestors came from. In the last half a century, thousands and thousands of American Jews left the US and moved to Israel. She might have a Jewish neighbour and she might not mind. She only made a statement about an international conflict.

Besides, apart from the US, are there any major countries still on Israel's side? I don't think so. That has nothing to do with the Holocaust or anti-semitism (although, it's naturally an argument that anti-semitics can easily hijack). The YouTube video is almost insultingly simplistic. 6 millions were murdered during the Holocaust. As it is presented, it almost suggested that Jewish people are still persecuted in Germany or Poland.

Of course, the original question is stupid - "What's your comment on Israel?"

About what? Food? Culture? History? Their women? Everything is fantastic. The Holocaust? It was a terrible thing and we should all deeply oppose such persecution of any group of people. Occupying some neighbouring land and harassing its people? Not so cool.

Even in Israel, there are mainstream parties not supporting the current 'take' on Palestine.

But I accept that she put her opinion in a questionable way.

So much about being ignorant and hateful...

I might disagree with her style and some of her points, but her argument was actually more acceptable than yours.

19. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Can you not express yourself in a manner that isn't insulting? Well, no- I should know better. You can't. Sorry if you don't like it, but I found nothing wrong with her statement. It's not OK to take someone else's land.

20. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Let me see, the gays have a symbol that looks something like this
    [​IMG]
    I wonder where they came up with that?​

21. Mac N Tosh thread starter macrumors regular

Is that what its called now...anti-Jewish movements...We call it Pogram(s)..The state sanctioned murder of Jews...Call it what it is....

Never Again....

Attached Files:

• 947.jpg
      947.jpg
      File size:
      4.9 KB
      Views:
  22. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

well, if you want to "call it what it is", maybe you should use pogrom instead of pogram :p

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Wrong. The word you are looking for is Pogrom, it is specifically a Russian word, and it means "havoc" or "riot". It refers to State-condoned mob violence against Jews in the Russian Empire. There were anti-Jewish movements in Rome, Venice, York, Spain and many other places, too.