A Trump Apology

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by citizenzen, Aug 18, 2016.

1. citizenzen, Aug 18, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2016

citizenzen macrumors 65816

This thread could be the shortest in PRSI history.

But I ask Trump supporters ... what statements is Trump talking about? What statements has Trump made that you agree went too far? What statements have his supporters echoed in this forum that they regret?

Or is Trump himself wrong for apologizing for anything?

Hoping for a little honesty. Expecting crickets.

2. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm not sure what he is referring to. Frankly it doesn't matter to me. I've liked everything he has said with the exception of the 2nd amendment thing.

3. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Now that's scary.

4. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Scarier than Hillarys super predator comments?

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Like bambino verses jaws.

6. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

So it was the heat of the debate that caused it. He has not debated yet.

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

image.gif

8. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Debates require two or more people with opposing views trump is on the stage telling everyone his stupid stuff he is not debating anyone on it for months. Wait your saying he only said bad stuff in the debates?

9. 1458279 Suspended

Cruz's wife, disabled reporter, selection of words about migration rape.

I was a bit more for Cruz than Trump because I thought Cruz had a better background.

Disabled reporter had no place and no value at all.

The migration rape should have been worded as to show he cared about people's struggle, the way he said it, it was too easy to twist.

I'd rather he either let some things pass or focus on non-personal facts.

10. Savor Suspended

Savor

[​IMG]

I like Donald Trump as a TV personality. Not as a politician. He is my type of scumbag like Howard Stern, and Tom Leykis. I laughed when Donald said every vagina is like a landmine. Haha! I'm a sexist, racist pig too. I'm not just racist to my own nationality, I am racist to the entire human race. I think we are funny, little species. I laugh at all the negativity to all groups of people.

[​IMG]

Talking about sex and women is the great equalizer to all men from different ethnicities. That's the glue for our high fiving and brotherhood for our chauvinism and misogyny. Listen to Donald on Howard Stern. No filter. He seems like a cool, gracious guy. I don't get why he said all those nasty things when he gets along with blacks and Jews.

Howard Stern interviews of Donald Trump

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

To My Old Friend Donald Trump, Stop The ******** by Russell Simmons

"Do you remember, not too long ago, when you made disparaging statements about the Muslim community and I put you on the phone with myself and Rabbi Schneier and we had a meeting with the Chairman of the Islamic Society of North America? You were very gracious and you even came to the Islamic Cultural Center of New York on 96th Street."

"You can’t possibly want your kids or your wife Melania (all of whom I know and respect) to live with that. You are a born leader, who is set to possibly win the nomination of your party, but don’t compromise what I know is in your heart to do it. You are a generous, kind man who has built a career on negotiating deals where everybody wins. Now, you seem like a one-man wrecking ball willing to destroy our nation’s foundation of freedom."
    _

Sometimes I wished the real Trump shows up and proves every one of us wrong. That maybe he is a compassionate man simply trolling the media and this is just an act to sabotage his own presidential campaign because he has a fickle mind with it. Like in Darth Vader, maybe there is still good in him. But no. He's more Palpatine than Vader.

I will be like Stephen A. Smith and be a registered Independent. Don't care for either parties. Might not even vote for either one. Just watch the fireworks. Why should I be forced to vote if I don't like the candidates enough? We all know who is going to win anyway. The one with a landmine. LOL Just dial it down, Donald. Fake it til' you make it like women do to each other. Then they get all catty when the person turns their back.

I knew who Donald Trump was back in 1990-1991 before I knew who the Clintons were or Bill Gates and Steve Jobs. I was only like 10 and was not into tech at that age. He seems like a cool guy. I still like him but not as a POTUS. Let's get real. I like scumbags and sexist pigs but not as a President. I even like HIV, Charlie Sheen. It's all a comedy act but Trump needs to cut the crap now. Stop attacking and do more macking.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I think he was apologizing for handing his campaign over to a white supremacist. They've coined the term "Alt-Right" but we all know they're racists.

12. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Regret- The psychologist wants to know the basis of the regret:

Moral enlightenment- I'm regret I lied, slandered and made fun of you along with the long list of negative things I do on a regular basis because it is morally reprehensible and a failure as a human being or...

Failed strategy- I regret my actions because I got caught in my multitude of lies, and it's hurting my business and chance to be President.

I vote for the latter.

13. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

Regretting saying things, is not the equivalent of apologizing for something specific. Let me know when he apologizes.

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The speech has Kellyanne Conway written all over it. Trump seemed disingenuous for much of it. Kinder and gentler Trump won't sell.

15. samcraig macrumors P6

I listened to the whole speech. I didn't buy any sincerity when he said that. It was scripted - heavily. Which is fine - but there was no actual remorse or compassion in his voice. He pretty much landed it as a joke. The audience even laughed.

16. citizenzen thread starter macrumors 65816

How could it sell? Who could believe that a person who's spent months wallowing in the lowest political discourse that I've ever seen, suddenly changes character when it becomes obvious that his campaign is failing.

It's an utterly transparent and cynical ploy, and the majority of American voters won't fall for it.

17. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

How about amends vs appologies. Change in actions rather than words.

18. 1458279 Suspended

If Trump changed his name to Hillary, it could sell. He could probably take a hard stand against same sex marriage and then come out for same sex marriage, but only if he changed his name to Hillary.

19. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

you saying trump is transgender? but hey give trump a chance to try it he seems pretty desperate now.

20. samcraig macrumors P6

I knew it wouldn't take long for someone to bring in Hillary ;)

21. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

Well knock me over with a feather. Even when Trump regrets saying things the left can't find it in their filled-with-love hearts to accept it. Grass is green and water is wet.

22. FieldingMellish Suspended

What heartless comments about an apologizing man. This is what you get when you take the church out of the equation.

23. samcraig macrumors P6

Because it lacked sincerity. Actions speak louder than words - let's see if he can "censor" himself

24. 1458279 Suspended

If it helps you out, you're welcome to twist the words and ignore the point. BTW, the point was about how Hillary gets away with policy changes on core issues like same sex marriage, trade and war, yet if Trump says anything different you cry foul.

It was about a double standard. Seems pretty desperate that Hillary changes her stance to whatever you want to hear.

Obama did the same thing, how'd it work out? Did Obama fix the economy? Did ObamaCare work? Is the middle east better now? Are the wars over yet?

25. samcraig macrumors P6

Pretty much a useless tactic to argue this as if any president in the last 2 decades have been able to "solve" the middle east issues. End wars. "Fix" the economy (although the market has done incredibly well, hasn't it?).

So really - what legs do you questions in so many threads repeating this have?