A Trump Apology

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by samcraig, Oct 7, 2016.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

I saw the below. And clearly we know he hasn't apologized to Obama. So aside from the two things in the article linked below... has Trump ever apologized for so many of the hateful things he's said. Incidentally - I l like the author's take in the video where he says Trump cannot adjust his view when given new information. This also shows up in his dissonance when confronted with things he's said that he says he never has said.

Article: http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/Has-Donald-Trump-ever-apologized-to-someone-9103166.php

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The racist statements he has made towards the blacks were all for the sake of “entertainment” and did not reflect his true feelings.

3. edk99 macrumors 6502a

Apologies are overrated. Most are never sincere anyway or as the article says you have to be wrong in the first place.

4. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

I don't think apologies are over-rated when they are sincere. It's pretty easy to tell. The problem is - Trump can't be sincere because he never thinks he's wrong.

5. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I've found that some of my most profound personal experiences are tied to either realizing I was wrong about something, apologizing for something I was wrong about, or forgiving (even within myself) something worth apologizing for.

6. Bug-Creator macrumors 6502

Bug-Creator

The lack of an apology is the smaller issue compared to Donald still insisting they were guilty in the light of massive evidence pointing the other way.