A Trump meeting all about the VA...doesn't invite the VA Sec.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mudslag, Mar 17, 2017.

1. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

OH MY GOD!!!! File the impeachment papers!!!!

This just in!!!

We have just been informed that Trump put his elbows on the table at dinner. That's right. You heard it here first, folks. America is still reeling after it learns that in a dramatic act of defiance and assault against our great nation president Trump put his elbows on the table. More at 11.

Come on man. This is just sad now. Not everything means something. Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

2. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

So not only is this trip number 5 down to Mar-a-lago at 3 million a pop but he's going to have a meeting about the VA while not even having the VA Sec there. Talk about ass backwards logic, but sure keep on deflecting from the actual topic.

3. ibookg409, Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017

ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Was there a topic to this thread? I must have missed it. The VA SEC can't go to a meeting? WOW. Maybe Maddow can tease another meaningless show out of this like she did with the tax return where all she proved was Trump paid a higher percentage of tax in 2005 than Obama, Bernie, or MSNBC.

I couldn't go to a meeting at 9:00 a.m. today because I had to be at a different meeting at the same time. So I sent a proxy. It's not a big deal. It's not news.

4. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

For not being a big deal you sure like to express yourself.

5. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It kind of is a big deal when you have a meeting to discuss a topic that that the guy you put in charge of said thing being discussed, won't even be there to discuss it! Shouldn't he be there?

And do you really think that Maralargo was the most convenient place to have a meeting? It's in one lower corner of the country. If he wants convenience, it should be held in the lounge of the Dallas/Ft. Worth airport right in the middle of the country. :D

It should be noted that the meeting isn't even happening for whatever reason.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box...-the-most-convenient-place-to-hold-va-meeting

6. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I have insight the world NEEDS to hear. Everyone is blessed by my contributions.

7. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Trump is a complete ass clown. Clearly the only purpose of this meeting was to give veterans the opportunity to meet the "great" Trump. Everything that he does is about him. If the meeting had anything to do with a discussion on how to help veterans, he would have not only invited his VA secretary, the VA secretary would have organized the whole event.

8. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

In a normal administration, yes. But this administration seems to marginalize it's own cabinet heads sometimes and isn't using them in a traditional manner. Perhaps that is just the growing pains of a new administration and will change over time. If not, it's hard to see someone not resigning over being bypassed on things eventually.

I wonder how many in the cabinet will make it until the end of Trump's term? Will be interesting to watch.

9. citizenzen Suspended

Sad that we have an insane, incompetent man in the White House.

President ****-for-brains.

10. Rhonindk macrumors 68020

Rhonindk

"Hey guys! Let's get together at my cozy beach spot and give me your opinion about the VA."
    Imagine that. An ad hoc meeting on a topic and some think they know who should be invited without even knowing the agenda or intent...

Chuckle :eek:

11. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Most of them are a bunch of low life degenerates anyway. Whatever marginalization they're subjected to by Trump, they deserve it for enabling a self-absorbed madman.

12. citizenzen, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

citizenzen Suspended

According to sources I read (sorry, can't access right now), the meeting occurred February 7, and included healthcare executives. Criticism over not including veteran groups was countered with, "they will be included in subsequent meetings."

So now that a over a month has passed ... does anybody know if those meetings with veteran groups took place?

Edit: Answered my own question. Those meetings just occurred: http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-veterans-meeting-shulkin-pence

Since trump did uphold his promise to meet with representatives from veterans groups, I have a hard time faulting him over this issue.

13. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

The man hates being in the White House as if he does not belong. I suspect he feels more ❤️ at Mar a Lago and wonder if he has a cutey stashed down there.

Oh, yah not including his secretary for a meeting about the VA, Trump is into dictation. Who needs the guy in charge of the Department? :oops:

14. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Talk about marginalizing. :rolleyes:

15. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

It is news when the President does this. Here's why. Trump is making it more clear as time goes on that agency heads are figureheads, even when they're his own picks and not necessarily those urged on him by the GOP establishment. Look at what happened to his pick for the EPA. Pruitt took a look at the proposed budget cuts for his agency (which he himself used to sue on a regular basis and is on record as meaning to prune its powers), promptly went hat in hand to the White House to ask for a somewhat less draconian hit on his charge, and came away with an even smaller budget as a response.

So yes I call it news when yet another agency head is apparently disregarded when his bailiwick is under discussion. It means Trump figures to govern by fiat to the extent possible and even beyond if he can get by without being called on it. Fortunately for the USA, not everything in every agency's scope is set by executive order. A good part of it is set by legislation and will take cooperation from Congress to undo. That might not be forthcomiong, at least not in the pull-down-the-walls style this administration favors.

I remain astonished at the silence of not only Republican voters but some of the senior Republican members of Congress over the approach of this White House to governance in general. What has happened here is the USA hired a guy to oversee some yard work but we're watching him pull up a truck and disgorge hundreds of moles onto our lawns. There is a difference between draining the swamp and gutting a government's abilty to act for the common good. Trump's not doing the former and he's clearly about dismantling the means to the latter. All so he and those of his ilk and their cronies can improve their own financial outlooks.

16. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Don't worry. Your lefty friends here will pick up where you left off. ;)

17. WarHeadz macrumors 6502a

WarHeadz

Is that you Mr. Spicer?

18. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Yup. It sure is.

19. mgguy, Mar 18, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2017

mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

20. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Wow.. Unmasked! Without even a wiretap!

21. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

The Secretary was present at the important meeting about current and future regulations:

http://www.militarytimes.com/articles/trump-veterans-meeting-shulkin-pence

Also here's the statement:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/the-pres...d-veterans-affairs-secretary-shulkin-veterans

And vet groups are happy about the meeting:
    http://wtop.com/government/2017/03/vets-group-leader-says-meeting-trump-positive-first-step/

Any subsequent meeting for a while is just a derivative - and possibly just a photo op.

22. mudslag thread starter macrumors regular

mudslag

Um do you realize the twitter post has a video linked to it? Trump is the one talking about the meeting with the VA Sec sitting right next to him.

23. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

24. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

So it does pay to phone your Congress critter's office when you think the Prez said something on the record that doesn't sound like a great idea. Good to know. There's still hope for this government. Maybe..