A very scary man

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by SMM, Nov 1, 2007.

1. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

Here is a link to book, and follow-up interview with Richard Armitage. He is not one of the wannabes the administration is full of. He is the real deal. He is one of those guys/gals, right under the surface, pulling the strings. Hard as it is to believe, he even beats Cheney on the 'Evil-Scale'.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Wasn't he the one who released Plames' identity?

4. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

This story is representative of what I have found on the subject. Armitage certainly appears to have been a leak, even by his own account. But, there are a couple of inconsistencies, which make little sense. First of all, he is allegedly an assassin with an extensive background in Vietnam (3 tours). He worked in the Phoenix program. After that he he worked in getting weapons diverted, and into the hands of the 'Contras' (ala Ollie North). This man should be well versed in 'keeping you mouth shut'. Next, Armitage worked for the State Department. He is also on the record for not supporting the war, certainly not the Bush's tactical plans. The man is arrogant beyond belief. During the interview, you could detect it just below the surface. Cheney is the same way. Everything about this man, including why He was not charged, when he confessed giving Valerie up, is full of question marks.

5. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I find it funny when people can walk the walk get branded as arrogant. You know, sometimes people just are that good.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

If by "walk the walk" you mean Cheney is doing his job well, which he isn't, I don't get you.

On the other hand, if you mean that he truly is a lying MF who has no regard for the law, no respect for the people of the US, and cares only about enriching himself and Halliburton, then I fail to see how you could call him anything but arrogant.

7. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

Armitage seems to be the current day Gordon Liddy.

8. SMM thread starter macrumors 65816

SMM

Sorry Swarmlord. I guess I am missing your point. I guess you did not read the article. It was not about Cheney. It was about Armitage (although both would qualify). Second, people who can 'walk the walk' are usually not arrogant (some are). Most just have a confident demeanor which comes from facing challenge and succeeding. They do not need to engage in self-promotion. Their actions speak for themselves.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Yes, because things are going so well right now for them. And releasing the name of an under cover CIA operative for political reasons, among other things, is just so good. Unless you meant Cheney, because yeah, that 17% approval rating sure shows us what a good job he's doing.

If any of them were a better people, they wouldn't need to act so arrogant to overcompensate.