A way to get rid of checkerboard test retention?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by m.bico, Jan 9, 2015.

1. m.bico, Jan 9, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2015

m.bico macrumors newbie

m.bico

I had previously a retention of some dock icons and it went away after a day or so..i did the checkerboard retention test and it's barely seen..it's faint but yet i can see it on white backgrounds during writing on full screen..others don't see it like me and can't notice it..maybe cause i knew the checkerboard test squares position..anyway..Is there a way to make it totally disappear without going to apple stores? As in my country it's a really crappy service and nothing will be done based on previous experience with more serious older macbooks' problems.

I left a solid white screensaver run overnight and i believe it's better but it's still there.
    Purchased Lcdscrub screensaver software and still there.
    Heard about slideshow with all RGB and intermediate colors can fix it but didn't try it as many replied to be worsen after the slideshow.

Any help?
    Thanks in advance

2. beavo451 macrumors 6502

I'm going to say it's in your head.

3. m.bico thread starter macrumors newbie

m.bico

I really wish so..although i tried to point my finger at a certain square position..and turned out to be the exact same position of that square in the image retention test..and so was the rest of the pattern..i really hope if there's a way to get rid of the checkerboard retention

4. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Is this the retina model?

5. m.bico thread starter macrumors newbie

m.bico

Yes the latest one 15" mid 2014

6. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Odd. I thought they fixed the image retention issues since the 2012 model.

7. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

Yup, I remember having this problem on my 2012 rMBP. Had to take it to an Apple Store to get the display replaced.

There is still the occasional display with image retention problems today, and from what I hear it's still most common on LG-made displays.

8. Mildredop macrumors 68020

How long did you have the checkerboard up?

9. m.bico, Jan 11, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2015

m.bico thread starter macrumors newbie

m.bico

Just as mentioned in the test instructions "about 15 minutes"

I really don't understand how LG never fixed the issue..and what i don't understand even more, why apple is still doing this to their customers? What about the quality control department? Is it just because of the competition and lawsuits between apple and samsung we have to face those issues with a pricy computers that are supposed to be acceptable at least if not perfect!