A way to have a window floating in front of everything else I'm doing

Discussion in 'macOS' started by CamoBits, Jul 1, 2014.

1. CamoBits macrumors newbie

If I'm not mistaken I think QuickTime can do there where you can choose to have a window "float." That way it will always be on your screen in front of anything else you do. Anyone knows how to do this with other apps? perhaps something I need to instal to make this possible. I wanna do it with safari where I'll have that floating window play videos off the internet but at the same time I wanna be doing other stuff.

Also, do you know of an extension that will allow me to have a window filled up with a YouTube video? not full screen but I can resize the window and it will continue to be just the video, not the full page.

My third option if all of that is not possible I guess would be to split my screen into two screens. Although I don't think this is possible but do you guys know if there is a way where I can have my Mac treat my monitor as 2 monitors? And that I wanna can have 2 spaces running at the same time and on one of the spaces I'll have the videos playing.

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Take a look at Afloat (I couldn't find the Developer's website).

3. CamoBits thread starter macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how to get Afloat or any alternatives to work on Mavericks?

I think the developer is no longer supporting and I've seen a few articles here and there on how to get to work on Mavericks but none seem to work. From experience, does anyone have it working? or do you know of any good alternatives?