A welcome improvement I think apple should add to the OS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MythicFrost, Jul 6, 2009.

1. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Well, I love OS 3.0, it's great.. but it's missing one thing for me, which would be a simple way to change power saving settings quickly...

At the moment, with iPod plugged in, I turn everything high, brightness max, wifi on, bluetooth on (sometimes), push on, etc...

When I unplug it or use it out on a trip, I turn all that off and really low, it's quite a hassle.

I'd love to be able to do this:

You have a power saving setting, it basically is another section under the Settings app, where you can create/delete power saving settings.

By default you'd have one in there already, you create another and it copies those settings so I can modify it slightly, I might want to have a setting for going out, or when I'm plugged in, or when I'm just at home, or even just when I'm on a low battery... just so I can tap a p-s setting and it's all done for me.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

2. clearchaos macrumors regular

clearchaos

3. youngplaya0228 macrumors regular

I'd love the idea at first, but won't ever use it. Surprised Apple haven't implemented it yet: they definitely seem to be going the green route.

4. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I'd do it if I could:p

I'd use it all the time, one click and I'm from low power mode, to high power mode :O, a nice option would to be able to reduce the Clock Speed of the Processor too but that probably wouldn't ever happen lol

5. Abyssgh0st macrumors 68000

Abyssgh0st

Would be a great idea if developers (As myself) were allowed to access these APIs. But we can't.

Just jailbreak and get BossPrefs or SBSettings.

6. MythicFrost thread starter macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Hmm why would you want to access those APIs, I don't want anyone fiddling with my power saving settings :O

I will NEVER jailbreak my iPod, never never never...

I just hope apple add this :O

Kind Regards