Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
That even if you delete the messahes with photos and videos, they will still be there on your idevice. Now both my iphone and my ipad are on 6.1.3, is still the imessage bug present in this version?

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
That even if you delete the messahes with photos and videos, they will still be there on your idevice. Now both my iphone and my ipad are on 6.1.3, is still the imessage bug present in this version?

It's not a bug and yes you can still search for deleted items in cache

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012

The picture messages bug was fixed in iOS 6.1 if I recall correctly

----------

And how do I do that? There is no way to delete them?

No way to delete them on a stock device (except for a restore and start as a new phone)

imhereareyou

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2013
One reason I have never sold my old iphones. I use them for traveling overseas instead..
I have found some interesting pics before...

FatPuppy

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jul 14, 2012
So bottom line, is the bug still present on ios 6.1.3 ? And if it is, the only way to get rid of the files is to jailbreak? Once a week I delete all conversation in message app, I mean... the app is empty, when I open it, the keyboard pops up.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
I feel like there is some sort of bug as my "other" space used grows passed 4gb.

I keep everything cleared out and don't have many apps that use a lot of extra data.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
So bottom line, is the bug still present on ios 6.1.3 ? And if it is, the only way to get rid of the files is to jailbreak? Once a week I delete all conversation in message app, I mean... the app is empty, when I open it, the keyboard pops up.

no, it was fixed in iOS 6.1

----------

I feel like there is some sort of bug as my "other" space used grows passed 4gb.

I keep everything cleared out and don't have many apps that use a lot of extra data.

Is your device running on stock iOS or is it jailbroken?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.