Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevintech

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 5, 2010
Just thought I'd start a thread. Please post anything you A5 Jailbreaks have observed.

First one I read on another thread was the blank Mail icon.

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
for people with a database error.

goto settings, and turn 'on' your VPN setting. it will crash the phone, and you will have cydia.

and as far as the icon white thing goes. just load cydia, and it will respring you automaticlly and you will have icons.

jalman11

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2009
Waiting to reboot --

I'm stuck at the Waiting to reboot stage. Been there for about 5 minutes... Is this because the website is down?

Thx

secretanchitman

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
for people with a database error.

goto settings, and turn 'on' your VPN setting. it will crash the phone, and you will have cydia.

and as far as the icon white thing goes. just load cydia, and it will respring you automaticlly and you will have icons.

keeps giving me a no database error with the absinthe icon. turned on vpn (was in the first page of settings) and it keeps saying "a configuration error occurred."

any ideas?

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
Bite SMS seems to be incompatible at the moment. I'm sure the devs will fix it quickly.

Phone icon went white on mine. Not sure if it broke anything else. I uninstalled til its fixed.

----------

Photos icon goes white with intelliscreenx install. Seems to all work though.

IrritatedBadger

macrumors regular
Jan 20, 2012
UK
Open Absinthe app just gives the usual error. turn on VPN and it errors but does not crash and reboot... is it just the servers?

entraik

Suspended
Jan 22, 2009
the absinthe app just takes me to the greenpois0n.com homepage after doing the vpn thing. now what??

jredecop

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2009
OK not sure what happened here but was playing with intelliscreenx i clicked on the data to turn it on and off and it went to from e to 3g and my signal dropped and came back up and shortly after it went to no signal, no matter what i did i cannot get it back. I do have a verizon 4s and i don't have 3g/edge settings, so maybe thats what messed it up.

bansheebeat

macrumors member
Oct 14, 2011
Anyone tried BiteSMS, iBlacklist, Infinifolder? I want all these but if they don't work with 5.0.1 then I don't wanna risk it

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
For those with the error when opening the Absynthe icon.

When you go to VPN and click it, exit out of settings by the home key while it's connecting. Wait a few moments, and it should crash your phone. Took me twice, but it worked just fine. On reboot that icon will be gone and Cydia will be in it's place.

Preed08

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2011

When you go to VPN and click it, exit out of settings by the home key while it's connecting. Wait a few moments, and it should crash your phone. Took me twice, but it worked just fine. On reboot that icon will be gone and Cydia will be in it's place.

Lucky you. Ive turned it on over 30 times

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Lucky you. Ive turned it on over 30 times

Sucks man. Wish I could be of more help, but it went pretty flawless for me (minus having to do the VPN option twice).

Hope it works out for you. On Twitter they said if it is being weird just exit out, and re-run the jailbreak.

Shouldn't make a difference, but just to say it. When I jailbroke I did have it connected via my WiFi network (and not cellular). I don't know if that makes much, if any, difference when it tries to connect to the Absynthe app.

-YK

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2011
Philadelphia

Tried that, unsuccessful. Now also when I open Absinthe, I do not get an error or anything. Just a white screen.

dockingbay94

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2010

thanks. this worked!

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Sucks man. Wish I could be of more help, but it went pretty flawless for me (minus having to do the VPN option twice).

Hope it works out for you. On Twitter they said if it is being weird just exit out, and re-run the jailbreak.

Shouldn't make a difference, but just to say it. When I jailbroke I did have it connected via my WiFi network (and not cellular). I don't know if that makes much, if any, difference when it tries to connect to the Absynthe app.

Thanks for the tip! It actually worked on the first time for me. Right when I clicked the home button and exited "Settings" it popped up connection error, I hit "ok" then clicked the icon again. Phone crashed and rebooted showing Cydia. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.