Aaron Sorkin provides us with one of the better examples of shrill hysterical intolerant bedwetting

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, Nov 10, 2016.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

This "letter" to 11-year old daughter is not only incoherent, it's vile and profane.

More liberal tolerance here.

2. Fancuku macrumors 6502a

Fancuku

Don't give them your time of the day by reading their opinion pieces. Just ignore all these haters.

3. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Their salty elitist tears nourish and sustain me.

4. shyam09, Nov 10, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2016

shyam09 macrumors 68000

shyam09

5. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

6. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Imagine what the right would have been saying had Hillary won. "It was rigged from the start" "The media is to blame" "Oh got not my precious guns someone hid the children they are coming for my guns" "Oh no not the gay agenda they are going to come and rape us when we sleep"

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

8. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Right, because calling people "bedwetters" is the epitome of class and maturity.

9. Zenithal macrumors 68040

Sorkin went off the rails a long time ago. Pretty sure I met him once in passing way back before he became a household name. I mean way back before anyone gave him the time of day. A lot of his shows start off decent but then go down the proverbial dark road of blaming anything remotely conservative. I was never the biggest conservative, but I know better than to write my children a letter like that throwing out every accusation under the sun. I express my views to people who are of age to understand it. And I certainly won't be influencing my sons' political views when they're older. That's up to them to decide, not me.

Now, I don't like Trump. I also didn't like Hillary. I think Trump's a pathological liar and the majority of his base aren't bright. Was I upset about his win? Sure. But I'd have been upset with Hillary, too. But you know what? Despite my dislike for that man, I'm willing to give him four years to prove me and others such as myself, and hopefully people like Sorkin wrong. If a drug and disease riddled Charlie Sheen can pull it off, so can Donald.

10. vrDrew macrumors 65816

But here's the deal:

The role of President of the United Staes is ****ing infinitely more consequential than that of a TV actor. I don't wish any ill upon Charlie Sheen, but what in God's good name makes you think that's a valid comparison?

What the hell is wrong with people in this country? What is the major malfunction that seriously allows tens of millions of people to think like that?

11. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Gosh.

Another bilious thread.

Guys: This is astonishing.

I really am beginning to think that some of those who supported Mr Trump aren't terribly bright. Actually, I think you still don't "get" it.

You won. Why the need to dance, and gloat and sneer?

You won. You fought ugly, you won ugly, and now - it is becoming increasingly clear that you want to transition ugly.

But, hey, guys, how about this? You won. Be nice about it.

12. Zenithal macrumors 68040

1. I'm not a Trump supporter.
    2. Watch your tone.
    3. Like Sheen, he's a TV star first and foremost. He is not a politician. He is yet to be president. He is a President Elect. I never stated he'd make a good president. For the time being, it's a valid comparison. Both are trashy starts with a questionable past. One has attempted to clean up their act, the other is putting on an act as he enters office.

When I made that comparison, I stated that if someone as low as Sheen can change their life, so can Trump if he wishes to. I was not comparing an actor's ability's to that of a President. Don't be a fool and twist my words. I've made it abundantly clear that 1) I do not believe he's fit for the job 2) He is an imbecile 3) Not intelligent 4) Pathological liar, racist and a misogynist pig 5) See Trump as a 1 term POTUS or one that will get impeached during his term.

If I can't compare Trump to possibly the biggest ****-up known to man that's very similar to him, then who can I compare him to? Duterte, Mussolini, Ceausescu, Hitler, Stalin, Lenin, Mao? Sheen is the closest person you can compare Donald pre election to. Never mind the fact that this puppet was still due in court next month, but has now moved his trial til after his inauguration.

For all that he's done and all that he's said, yes, they're both ****-ups to the nth degree, and they're both a valid comparison for the time being. As a PE, he holds very, very little power until he steps into office. He is not yet a president.

13. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Yup, definitely mentally ill. And now he's President. o_O

14. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Best meme ever, at least for those who clearly haven't been paying attention for the last 18 months.

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

The only thing "bilious" in this thread is Aaron Sorkin's profanity-and-insult-laced letter to his eleven year old daughter. It is truly an example of a sore loser, although I suppose it's to be expected from a convicted felon and former penitentiary inmate.

Yes, they won. However, I don't believe that calling attention to crude and scurrilous public letter from a bitter elitist is gloating and sneering. He wrote it with the intent of giving it the widest possible dissemination. In fact, these threads would not exist without thousands of butthurt bedwetters throwing their dignity out the window and posting their self-absorption on the Internet for the world to consider. You don't see Gary Johnson supporters clutching each other and sobbing uncontrollably. We have far too much decorum.

16. Populism, Nov 11, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2016

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

You call people "not very bright", and ask them to "get over it".

This is the textbook neoliberalism that got Trump elected. There was no amount of pro-Trump voices that could do as much for Trump as the Liberal "you're an idiot" voices did.

Keep it up if you want Trump back in office in 2020.

17. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Tell it to the protesters, including those that yesterday decided to get naked and publicly defecate in the streets for the pleasure of live cameras.

18. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

They wont see that. They still called Republicans racist/sexist when during our Primary we had two Latinos, one white guy married to and with Latino children, a Black man(the same one pictured) and a woman.

They still haven't figured out that those cards are not only closed but in collections.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Well if H had won than I guess the right would at least be happy that Smith & Wesson held steady instead of beholding the 20% drop the stock took upon realization Hillary's not coming for the right's guns and the right's not rushing to buy any more either, nor apparently has the left decided to trade a pen for a pistol.

Heh, they went to the trouble of adopting that function-clueless new name of "American Outdoor Brands" just in case they needed to tone it down.. LOL maybe now they can jack it back up to "We Don't Walk When We Carry, We Swagger". Will look nice on bumper stickers around here, can hardly wait.

20. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

You keep saying this. How about telling the other side, "You lost. be nice about it."

21. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Oh we could talk about any hypothetical all day long. Actually, forever.
    "If Japan did not attack the US...", "if Henry Tandey shot Hitler in 1918", "if the Academy of Arts accepted Hitler", "if JFK's car was going at 25mph instead of 10mph", "if Columbia didn't disintegrate".
    It didn't happen, so it's irrelevant.

22. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Then explain why your bigot President-elect still has not apologized to Judge Curiel?

It's one thing to say that he wants to evict foreigners/immigrants who have committed crimes (which is fine with me and also most Americans). But when he singles out a Judge solely because of his Mexican heritage (Curiel is an American-born judge), then Trump looks like an overtly racist imbecile. Even Gingrich, Ted Cruz, and Paul Ryan called him (Donald) out that it was wrong to attack Curiel simply based on the judge's Latino ethnicity. But did Trump apologize or backtrack? No. He doubled down on his racist attacks against Curiel.

Maybe if Trump made any effort to apologize, or rescind such overtly bigoted remarks, then it might make sense to give President Trump a chance in regards to the racism question. But he has not. Nor has he indicated that he ever will.

Now that the election is over, he doesn't have to worry about pandering to his right-wing voters and to keep saying racist things that they want to hear so he can collect their votes. In other words, NOW is a perfect time for Trump to say: "I'm sorry, I apologize to Judge Curiel, and I realize that what I did was wrong. Sometimes I said things on the campaign trail without thinking it through, and I realize that now."

Trump can easily apologize and backtrack his bigoted remarks now without fear of losing anyone's votes now. The voting is already over and he already won. But will he?