Aarrrgh!!! My iPhone 4S is pretty much perfect, so why do I feel the need to upgrade?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Big.Mac.Daddy, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Anyone else feel this way?

The iPhone 4S is pretty much perfect for me. Good size, speed, screen quality, jailbroken w/ gaming emulators, will get apple maps navigation in iOS 6... So why do I feel this compelling need to upgrade to the new iPhone coming out? :confused:

2. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Because its a new model and we haven't gotten a new model in 2 years.

3. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

It's just natural to always want the latest and greatest even if what you already have satisfies all of your needs.

4. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

because you're a spoiled first world consumer.

5. rever3nce macrumors 6502a

rever3nce

Cause its better lol. I feel the same way , but I have the $ to buy the new iPhone , so why not

6. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Because once Apple announces the iPhone 5, you won't feel that way about the 4S. I say just upgrade if you want, but you're obviously not required to get the new model every year.

7. jj47 macrumors regular

I think it's crazy that some people update every year but it's their money and nothing will stop them.

8. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

I'll be updating this year mainly for LTE.

That's all that I really want since I stream a ton of music. Not to mention Verizon's 3G service is terrible compared to 4G in my area.

9. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

Resist. Resist. Resist.

Go get an ice-cream instead ... and then you can always gloat about how you're waiting for the iP5S once all the kinks are worked out and LTE rolls out in more places, etc. etc. etc.

10. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I try....I really do. My 4S does all I ask of it. But, I know I will be pre-ordering the 5....It's crazy, but it will happen.:)

11. Totty1987 macrumors regular

I love my 4s, it's been flawless since I purchased it in November. The only thing, which would tempt me to sell, is if the iphone 5 comes with 128gb/removable storage.

I pray that Apple introduce removable storage. I'd pay a premium for that. Oh yes I will :D

12. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I'm happy with my 4 and for once not that excited to upgrade.

13. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Same here just having too much money to blow!

14. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Same. Right now I am not feeling the desire to upgrade from my 4, which has been and still is very capable in handling my phone needs. Perhaps I'll upgrade when apps no longer support the max os of my phone

15. cyks macrumors 68020

cyks

There are plenty of ways to upgrade yearly and not have to pay much (if anything) out of pocket and a few ways to even make a few dollars in the transaction.

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. But you don't have to upgrade OP. I kept my iPhone 4 rather than upgrade to the 4s. I didn't think it was worth the price. But then again, I'm like that with a lot of things. My newest car is 6 years old, my only laptop is almost 5 years old. I love seeing the newer models, and often go through stages of wanting them, but I don't always have to have the latest and greatest.

17. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

True, but since the iphone 4 i have been buying factory unlocked only because I'm overseas now and not in the us.

18. BeardedOrc macrumors member

You'll be inferior, frowned upon, and be put in the lower caste by your friends and co-workers. How can you sit at starbucks and pull out a 4s? The horror!!!

19. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I wish i was on the "S" cycle because if I get the 5, it takes forever for good cases to come out. Maybe I'll keep my 4 until the 5s comes out and be on that cycle.

20. justinmancini macrumors newbie

If they require you to get some new LTE plan or some nonsense, I will be staying far, far away. I've managed to keep a TRUE unlimited data plan this long.. I'm not giving it up now. I don't think there will ever be a feature of a phone more desirable to me than unlimited data.

That being said.. I have a custom red iPhone 4s, so if I find the right person, it's worth quite a bit more than a regular one.. If it doesn't require plan modification, I'll sell this thing and buy a new one in a heartbeat.

21. 1891 macrumors newbie

The ugly need of having everything up-to-date. I feel you bro! Apple will do that to you!

22. puma1552 macrumors 601

Because people in this country don't understand the difference between "want" and "need."

If you have the money that's one thing, but if you are stretching to do it then it's just stupid. Now if the carriers were going to bump the full upgrade date to the release date like they have in years past where you can actually turn a profit, then that's a great reason to upgrade if you can make money on it, though they probably aren't doing that this year.

23. justinmancini macrumors newbie

You don't get the "wow" factor from people if your'e on the "S cycle". You never get to walk around with something people haven't seen already. When I got a 3GS, it was MUCH better than the 3G. When I got a 4, it KILLED the 3GS.. When I got a 4S.. I didn't feel any different. If I could go back, I'd save the $700 I spent on the phone. I feel like the "5S", if it comes to be, will be more of the same, and I will likely not be getting it.

Unless the S cycle starts adding some dramatic new features, I'll be staying away from it from now on.

24. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I don't care what other people think what I have.

25. puma1552 macrumors 601

Same here, and on that note I prefer the S cycle...the best of a given design. It's kind of like new cars, when a new body style comes out it's the hot thing for a while, but it gets dated fast when it gets a mid cycle refresh along with all the bugs worked out.