ABC: Historic Apple Announcement

nnacrumors

macrumors 6502
Jun 12, 2014
They say that every... single... year to produce hype in potential customers ($$$).

We already know everything already:
  • 4.7 inch iPhone
  • 5.5 inch iPhone
  • iWatch
  • iOS 8

jlake02

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2008
L.A.
Cool find.

REALLY hope Apple can live up to the hype they've built, however. Unusual for them to hype this hard.

:apple:

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
A reporter with ABC news labeled it as historic. I don't consider that (in and of itself) noteworthy.
I've never seen the label ever used by a media company in conjunction with an Apple interview since the iPhone. I'll take it with a grain of salt.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
ABC's David Muir Is the Only Anchor With an Exclusive as Apple Makes History
The video is not working for me. What do they mean by "exclusive"? Surely David Muir will not be the only person in attendance.

Mac Wolf

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2014
Cool find.

REALLY hope Apple can live up to the hype they've built, however. Unusual for them to hype this hard.

:apple:
Seriously. I said this in another thread -- they must really have something up their sleeves to be this confident. Maybe another feature to the phone we haven't heard about :eek:

Xerotech

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
Best products in 25 years. I guess we're in store for something amazing. I'm crossing my fingers for a technological advance as the day the first iPhone debut.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
Maybe exclusive interview?
It is extremely vague. What is the "exclusive"? Are they trying to make people think they can ONLY find out through ABC whats happens at the event?

Edit: Never mind, I guess its just that's he's going to be the only anchor there.
The only anchor? So what? Everyone is going to know about the announcements 7 seconds after it comes out of Tim's mouth.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Im expecting to be underwhelmed. Whenever musicians make these types of claims they can never live up to the hype. Im suspecting Apple will be no different in this regard.

ogremoustro

macrumors 6502a
Aug 17, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
It is extremely vague. What is the "exclusive"? Are they trying to make people think they can ONLY find out through ABC whats happens at the event?

The only anchor? So what? Everyone is going to know about the announcements 7 seconds after it comes out of Tim's mouth.
I know everyone is going to know. Im just explaining to you why they're saying exclusive. ABC is saying that they are the only news channel there, so they're saying they have the exclusive.

averlus

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2013
Be careful with that hype train Apple, you're triple A but you aren't invincible...

KdParker

macrumors 601
Oct 1, 2010
Everywhere
This is Apple giving some exclusives to certain news agencies. obviously something is coming.

Guess we will see tomorrow. Can't wait.

rrm74001

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
I know everyone is going to know. Im just explaining to you why they're saying exclusive. ABC is saying that they are the only news channel there, so they're saying they have the exclusive.
Not attacking you. Just pointing out the desperate and ludicrous things the media says for views/ratings.

And I really doubt they are going to be the the only news channel there.

KUPARA

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2013
We already know everything already:
  • 4.7 inch iPhone
  • 5.5 inch iPhone
  • iWatch
  • iOS 8
What do you KNOW about the 5.5 inch one???
I will tell you - NOTHING, except a leaked battery (and even that is just a wild guess)